Need help understanding your bill?
jice's profile

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

Saturday, June 25th, 2022 5:50 AM

Changed plans and monthly charges cost is different than promised

I was on a grandfathered Mobile Share Value 4GB with Rollover Data plan that was recently subject to a price increase. 

I changed to AT&T 4GB(SM) plan for a lower cost. This was listed as $60 but it showed me a $9.5 Signature Program discount (I had already set that up) and a $10/mo AutoPay & paperless billing discount (also already set up).

It promised a price of $40.50/mo excluding taxes, fees, certain credits and additional charges.

As soon as I changed, it shows me a cost of $48.60 a month. When I click to see a breakdown, it just shows the same total. I think that this is also the cost before taxes and fees (it is displayed in a location that showed my previous total before taxes and fees).

Can anyone explain the discrepancy?
Here is what I saw as I was signing up:

This is what I see just after signing up. 
Thanks for any insight. 

Note that my AutoPay is using a credit card. I don't see any information about needing to use a bank account, but is it the case that I need to switch my autopay to get the discount? But the price discrepancy is $8.60 and not $10.

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

2 years ago

I'm sorry, yes $8.10.

OK, went to check again today to see if I could get a more detailed breakdown. 

Today it shows the expected $40.50. So, there must be something slightly broken in their flow that showed a wrong price first. But, now it's gone and I cannot know why.

Luckily it looks good now.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

$8.10

We have no price breakdown.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

Lol... AT&T computer is mathematically challenged.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.