Need help understanding your bill?
rebelingram's profile

4 Messages

Tuesday, December 26th, 2023 7:56 AM

Closed

Changed phone number robbed me of value of my old paid off device Start charging for The phone I supposedly traded in for

I was told that I would get $800 for my device for brand new device If I were

trade it in. I was told I was given a 100% credit for it then they started charging me installments 36 to be exact and then try to tell me. Because I changed my phone number that I no longer qualified. For the promotion however they couldn't give me My phone(9 months old completely paid off) I had mailed to them They confirmed delivery and receipt of my phone but decided that They were just gonna rob me of My new device nine months old completely paid off with no credit whatsoever going towards it and then start charging me for this new phone that they baited and switched me with.  This isn't fair at all. They led me to believe that I was making a trade in. And would get a new phone for my basically. 9  month old paid off phone.. No I wouldn't be skeptical because it was a new phone for a new phone. Pretty much just an upgrade. I need help but we need to start a class action against them. This is absolutely highway. Robbery and in times like these people should not be able to get away with robbing less fortunate people. 

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

4 months ago

The terms of the promotion are that you get paid your trade in credit in the form on monthly bill credits over the 36 months life of the installment on your new phone.  You don’t get a lump sum of $800.  That’s how it works.  If you bought an $800 phone, and were offered $800 in credits, on every bill you’d see a $22.22 installment payment and a $22.22 offsetting credit.  It takes 36 months to get the full $800 credit.

https://tradein.att.com/offer-details

You have to keep the same number (line) for 36 months.  If you change your number, you invalidate the terms of the promotion, and any credits stop.

Your trade in phone got sent to a recycler.  It’s gone and not coming back.

It’s all legal and you agreed to it, whether you knew it or not.

The only possible issue, based on what you’ve said, is not getting the credits on your bill between the time they received your trade in phone and the time you changed your number and invalidated the terms of the promotion.  How long between the time they received your trade in and you changed your number?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 months ago

Good thing at&t isn't sensitive to slander and libel...

Saying untrue things when you didn't read, understand, and follow the published promotion, then slinging words like that around is defaming.

This is a sample wording of the deal you signed up for.  Read it.

Adding a line and canceling a line within 90 days voids the deal.  That's *not* 'changing a number'

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 months ago

Not only do we not work for AT&T but I for one am no longer an AT&T customer. I switched to Verizon in 2019.

Providing you with factual information and publish documentation is hardly advocating for AT&T. Something we are accused of all the time.

Just because you don't like the facts, you come back all resentful with even worse, comments.  SMH.  Grow up and take responsibility for the fact that you did not read the offer. You didn't read it when it was available online. You didn't read it when you purchased your new phone

I provided you a picture of the published offer. If you voided the offer by adding a new line for a free phone and then canceling an old line in under 90 days, you voided the offer all on your very own.  

If you think you've been deeply wronged by AT&T by all means call 611 from your phone and talk to them. They may be willing to throw you a credit or meet you halfway. Otherwise if you're not getting any benefit, pay off your phone unlock it and go somewhere else.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 months ago

ATT does get the trade ins.  (Neither does Verizon, T-Mobile, Google, Samsung or any other manufacturer that uses trade-in offers). 

ATT gets your service My prisoner on more expensive unlimited data plan for 36 months. Or the balance on the phone if you leave early.

They go to Assurant Mobile in Tennessee.   They are the single refurbish and recycle business in the United States.  

Not that it makes any difference if you voided the deal 

https://web.rutherfordchamber.org/Manufacturing/Assurant,-Inc-(formerly-HYLA-Mobile)-6997

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.