Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 7:05 PM

Changed number and was billed twice!

I had my sister get me a phone and add me to her family plan. The phone was activated on 12/16/19. It was mailed to me and I ported my number to it on the 19th. I got charged $25 for 3 days on that number and $17 for the other phone number from the 20th through the end of the month. They claim my phone was put in a single line category. I can say it appears customer service reps don't know much about billing. I spoke with 2 different people, 1 of which was a supervisor, and they told me different reasons. I feel I was just told anything to make me hang up. The supervisor was rude on top of her lack of knowledge. I don't mind paying my bill but I don't want to be over charged. Every customer service rep should know how to say I don't know but I will find out. It makes me want to change services.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

4 weeks ago

Weren't you charged for a SIM card or an activation fee? That probably would have been included the $25

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.