For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
johnnyboyy012's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 21st, 2023 7:39 AM

Cancelled account

I have 5 lines on my wireless account- pay religiously every month, have had these phone lines for YEARS. At first I was concerned with another account that showed cancelled with a $50 balance. Was told it was an error and ignored it each time I logged into my account.

Finally get tired of seeing the delinquent account on my login screen and I’m told I have to provide proof of recency in 2014?! Who keep that kind of stuff 9 years later? I can’t even get anyone to tell me what this account was from- I’ve had wireless with att for as long as I can remember and nobody’s sent me any bill regarding this account nor has it incurred any additional fees, which I find strange.

Literal THOUSANDS of dollars gone to AT&T over years. Clearly it wasn’t mine, I cannot create another account in my name, can I?  But somehow I’m responsible for an account that’s been sitting at a $50 balance as long as I know. I only brought it to att attention when I got tired of seeing it on my login screen. I just want the account to go away so I can view my long standing wireless account- that’s it!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

1 year ago

If you don't get a response and a resolution from ATT help through this forum, file a better business bureau complaint. And you should of course be running your credit. A credit check should show if there's a delinquent account from AT&T. Most likely this is not yours and somebody else somehow has attached it to you

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Right. But the fraud department wants me to prove my residence from 2014. I don’t have anything like that and I don’t know anyone who would 8 years later

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.