Need help understanding your bill?
littlewadkins's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, October 31st, 2014 10:17 PM

Closed

Can someone give me corporate email address?

Can anyone give me an actual email address to email someone who might have some power to solve my serious issues?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I feel your pain ATT does NOT care!! They owe me a credit and basically called me a liar now I owe a fortune and can't afford it and they will turn off service. So frustrated. Cannot stand this company!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

You authorized ATT to charge you for regular monthly bill plus any data overages and other charges related to service and equipment.  Those are legitimate charges.

If you are billed for unexpected charges, you can ask for an explaination of the charges, or look at you bill for an explanation.   

If you don't understand why you were charged, you can ask here on the forum.

Data overage is one of the extra charges that confuse and upset customers.  Your cell phone has a data meter which should be very close to the totals ATT reports.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

You will not find anyone that can help, trust me.

The customer service is so disjointed and sad, I feel your pain. I've gone through forums, twitter, advanced support, all clueless.

Dump them now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

hey i was wondering if the phones that are for display and go out of style if you can give them out free I know its kinda dumb asking that but i was just wondering if that was possibe 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Not that we would know....

But often they are dummy phones, no guts at all.  The ones that do work, get handled a lot and I have yet to see one survive long enough to be usable and too old for display. 

If a phone did survive it still wouldn't be given away for free.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Goodness, it sounds like you have had similar issues with AT*T that I have.  I will try here first to contact someone.  I have been on the chat line four times with no solution to issue.  So to contact someone here we send a private message to someone here.  How can I send documentation if there isn'at an email?  Please advise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T has been in my neighborhood digging up yards and installing fiber optic cable. After they finished digging in my front yard, neither one of our toilets would flush and all the other drains were slow. I called a drain cleaning company and they ran a camera through our main sewer drain. We were both shocked by what we saw. AT&T drilled their 2 inch fiber optic cable right through the middle of my main sewer drain. I have pictures of it.  I called AT&T and got the expected response. "someone will contact you to file a claim. So far nothing.  I never asked for AT&T to dig up my yard and then destroy my sewer line. My family has to go to the gas station to use the bathroom. AT&T expects me to pay for the repairs and then get reimbursed whenever they feel like paying whatever they feel it should cost. I am going to contact all the local media here in the Dallas, Fort Worth area with my story. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].No way should i have to pay for AT&T's stupidity and then wait to someday get reimbursed.  AT&T is a joke. 

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

I understand your pain.  This is the reason I refuse to go with autopay with AT&T.  The bill gives no details for overages and when you call, they can't seem to find them in the system, just the fact that the computer shows you have overages.  Then you get called back if you do the satisfaction survey and don't give all high marks, they get nasty and tell you that the rep is going to have problems because you weren't completely satisfied.  Try giving excellent service and you'll get excellent marks.  I blame the company.  It took me 3 days to get 2 questions answered.  I may be older, speak with a southern accent but I am not stupid by any means.  I hold 2 PhDs in History and Classical Studies and speak 5 languages.  I'll put my ability to solve an issue against anyone at AT&T because the problems start at the top and obviously they have more than a few.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

How do I request tower updates? I moved to a small town on Maryland's Eastern Shore and barely have 1 bar. The reception is horrid. When I called customer service they offered a type of booster, to boost the cell signal & improve reception, which costs around $200.00. Has anyone heard of this ? Can't seem to find reviews on this type of device & don't want to put out the money if it is a waste of time. Thanks in advance for your response

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Good luck with that.  I have AT&T and live in a small town, located near a main interstate in Wisconsin I90-94. I have complained about our lack of coverage since AT&T took over our local cell phone company approximately 3 years ago. Traveling I 90-94  from Wisconsin Dells, WI to LaCrosse, Wisconsin there is either no cell phone coverage  at all or if there is cell phone the data coverage is nearly non-existant.  Understand this interestate is one of the major interstates through Wisconsin.  Wisconsin Dells is a very busy vacation city in Wisconsin.  LaCrosse, Wisconsin is a larger city in Wisconsin with 3 large colleges, and 2 large medical facilities.  So I am not talking out in the boonies.  

I use their AT&T Mark the spot application consistently, since getting stuck with AT&T coverage and have never gotten any response but their, canned,Thank you, we will be looking into this issue.  

AT&T  coverage and service is terrible here.  By the way Verizon and US Cellular companies have thee cell boost and can be gotten in many circumstances for no charge.  

My advice is if you have the option, find a new carrier, one that is proven in your new area. 

Good luck.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.