Need help understanding your bill?
J

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 28th, 2020 1:56 PM

Can not get help with our promised discount

We recently switched to AT&T from Verizon in July 2020. I was promised the first 3 months free service if I opened a Business Account, which i did. I was at the AT&T store in July for over 5 hours trying to get everything switched over. It was a nightmare, but we eventually got it done. To my surprise we got a bill the first month for over $500.00. I reached out to the store and after about 5 calls and multiple emails we were promised a credit to adjust out bill down to a little over $100.00 (which we actually should have never had in the first place!) We were then promised that we would have $90.00 credit on the NEXT 3 billing cycles. Well guess what? We did NOT receive our credit for this billing cycle. I have called and had conversations with the Justin Jennings the District Manager multiple times about the credit he has said he will get it handled. It has been 10 days since he said that. It has not been updated in the system and I have called him and texted him multiple times with no answer. My bill is now past due because I refuse to pay without having my $90.00 credit issued. If this does not get resolved in the next 48 hours we are going back to Verizon. We NEVER should have switched!!! I also have email chain of promised discounts and can provide to any one with AT&T willing to get our account corrected.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

This forum is not customer support. No one here has access to your account or can get you any credits. Refusing to pay your bill was a bad choice. It will only lead to more problems. You can escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Yeah, I agree sandblaster, this is not a customer service forum.  However as someone who "was" considering moving to AT&T, this is exactly what I needed to see.  So I ask you, "how can a customer ENSURE they will get what is promised in a store".  After reading these reviews, the ONLY way I would EVER move to AT&T is if everything is documented in the contract, "all agreements".  And you can bet, I will read every last word in the contract, if I even pursue this, this is total BS, in my opinion.  BTW, I am not at all trying to be argumentative, it's just an honest observation from a potential customer.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I thought this was a customer service issue because we can't get anyone to assist us.  We call the 800 number and no can help or escalate our issue to someone who can.  Secondly, we been to the store several time and has tried to contact the general manager and we can not get anyone to response to us to help us resolve this issue.  For anyone who is thinking about switching to AT&T, I would recommend to not waste your time.  We should have walked out of the store when it took 6 hours for them to switch our lines over from Verizon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.