For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Z

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 26th, 2020 4:39 PM

Can not cancel AT&T my service

Hi,
I am an AT&T user with AT&T number (edited as per community guidelines). And recently I want to cancel my AT&T service.

I am now out of USA and my AT&T number is not working. I asked AT&T support chat and the auto system told me that the service cancellation can not be processed by chat and asked my call your service line. So I dialed (edited as per community guidelines) with my overseas number and input my AT&T phone number. But the system said it was not detected.

I have been charged for more than 6 months with no AT&T service used and tried everything I read on Internet to cancel your service and they all did not work.

I could not reach any real service person and felt exhausted with your clumsy system. I just want to cancel my service and stop my account.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

It sounds like you have prepaid service. To cancel prepaid, just stop paying. If you need to stop autopay, that really needed to be done before leaving the US because account access is blocked from abroad. To stop autopay now, your options are to call or cancel the card used for autopay.

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I am not sure whether my account is charged through autopay or prepaid.

Does it mean my account belongs to prepaid?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

If you get charged monthly it’s setup as autopay regardless if prepaid or postpaid. In both situations you need to cancel your card that’s being charged 

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry, the last image was missed. Does it mean my account belongs to prepaid?

Because my account joined a family plan when I opened this account, I only transfered to our family plan owner. But this month he cancelled his service and left AT&T. And so far I have not been charged. Could you see the charge way in your system?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

We’re all customers here so we don’t have account access At&t does not read your posts 

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your response.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.