Help for account, billing & more
ChuChewbacca's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, May 28, 2014 4:57 AM

Can I change back my phone plan to what it was two days ago?

I've had unlimited data for a long time and I just changed their NEXT plan where I get to pay less all this great stuff and I share 10 GB of data with my family, which didn't seem like a problem because we barely use 5 GB all together. I think not having unlimited is a problem for my mother though. If I went into the store again before 14 days would there be any way they would change my phone plan back to what it was before and kind of act like I never changed it and never got a new phone?

Former Employee

• 

34 Messages

8年前

Call customer service to see if any exception can be made. I know under certain circumstances they can get expired features back, but it needs to be fairly quickly after the change. 🙂 Hope this helps!

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

8年前

@ChuChewbacca wrote:

I've had unlimited data for a long time and I just changed their NEXT plan where I get to pay less all this great stuff and I share 10 GB of data with my family, which didn't seem like a problem because we barely use 5 GB all together. I think not having unlimited is a problem for my mother though. If I went into the store again before 14 days would there be any way they would change my phone plan back to what it was before and kind of act like I never changed it and never got a new phone?

Wait...so you're saving money and still have more than what you need? Why would your mother have a problem with that?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

8年前

@ChuChewbacca wrote:

Your new 10GB service plan is called Mobile Share. Next is only the plan for buying the new phone. So if you barely use 5GB, why exactly is not having unlimited gong to be a problem?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8年前

So I am saving some money but paying like $600 for a new phone. We do have 10GB but my moms afraid she will go over it accidentally because she doesn't know how to manage data...
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

8年前

@ChuChewbacca wrote:
So I am saving some money but paying like $600 for a new phone. We do have 10GB but my moms afraid she will go over it accidentally because she doesn't know how to manage data...

Just about the only thing that uses up big chunks of data is video, so unless your mom is watching a lot of video on her phone, you probably have nothing to worry about.

jane697

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8年前

@ChuChewbacca wrote:

Do you have the ability to access her account (if it's under her name) or otherwise view her data usage history?  Doing that will help you gauge as to whether your mother may have a data management issue; keep in mind though that from a practical usage standpoint, per AT&T policy/rule "unlimited" data is really limited to 3 GB (5 GB if using an LTE-capable smartphone)--any usage past those amounts will result in data throughput (i.e., speed) throttling...which pretty much effectively limits one from being able to use data on a phone to its fullest extent.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8年前

She listens to an international radio through her phone sometimes during extended road trips. The iPhone shows it's cellular data usage is 1.3GB but I'm not sure how that number applies to daily usage. I believe in the past she has gone over 5GB but I will go in store today and see if customer service will help and if not my mom will set a limit so our data will shut off automatically if we're close to going over 😞
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

8年前

@ChuChewbacca wrote:
She listens to an international radio through her phone sometimes during extended road trips. The iPhone shows it's cellular data usage is 1.3GB but I'm not sure how that number applies to daily usage. I believe in the past she has gone over 5GB but I will go in store today and see if customer service will help and if not my mom will set a limit so our data will shut off automatically if we're close to going over 😞

There is no automatic shut off of data but the account owner will get notifications when data usage reaches 65%, then again at 90% and I believe one more time at 98%. You can also turn off data for any member of the mobile share plan through the myATT app. I just had to shut off my daughter's data near the end of my cycle last month. As soon as the new bill cycle started, her data turned back on automatically.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.