Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
S

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Nov 26, 2020 8:45 PM

BYOD $250 promo

Hi,

I have a family plan with Cricket. I'll move to AT&T unlimited plan with the family members. Am I eligible for BYOD $250 promo when I bring my unlocked device from Cricket? 

Responses

Accepted Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

45.9K Messages

2 months ago

Moving your number from Cricket won’t qualify as a new line because Cricket is ATT. You would need to get a new number to qualify.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

45.9K Messages

2 months ago

I don’t see any such deal but if it requires a new line, porting a number from Cricket probably does not qualify.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for the response. Here are the details: 

https://www.att.com/wireless/byod/

You'll need to:

• Bring your own (“BYO”) compatible, unlocked smartphone.
  • Add a new line to a new or existing account and port-in an existing number from another carrier.
  • Activate postpaid wireless service (voice and data).
  • Redeem reward card within 75 days of receiving email or letter with redemption instructions (must maintain active service for at least 45 days to receive instructions and until fulfillment).

Get started...

Ask a new question