For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Lailidoll's profile

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, March 2nd, 2023 4:11 AM

Buyer beware! AT&T home Protech

PLEASE read the full terms and conditions before agreeing to sign up for the home protech plan. AT&T representatives are flat out lying to customers, AND the asurion home protech page is deceptive as well. I was told my desktop pc’s (built from the ground up) AND my TV’s were covered if they were ever damaged. They are absolutely NOT covered for anything outside of mechanical or electrical issues. I asked REPEATEDLY and even gave example scenarios “if my 4 yr old knocks the 65” tv over… what happens?” And was told “it’ll be replaced!” LIES!!! And when you call AT&T to complain, you’re told “too bad.” Pretty much. 

edit: I did finally speak to a rep who was will to credit every month we paid for this useless service. Now if only I can get out of AT&T altogether. 

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

ATT/Asurion Home Tech Protection is the worst program.

I just wanted to replace two Apple TV remotes that had stopped functioning. I started the claim process in January, I submitted multiple documents under the claim ID's and finally have given up and canceled the dis-service.

Claims were denied for various reasons like, we did not own the product, we needed to submit pictures, the device was not covered, send images of the broken device( it just stopped working so there was no damage), provide the serial number of the device(the remote does not have a serial number).

I knew better than to subscribe to one of these plans but I did it against my better judgement. I will never regain the time and effort. I'll us the money I save 2 buy two new Apple TV's and regain my sanity to boot.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

11 bucks on Amazon 

6 months ago

Dad-in-Louisiana; Im looking into getting this plan for 2-3 months so i can file claim on TV and 2- pair ear buds, haven't broken yet... but i feel they just may by month 2 of the plan. Has anyone had a successful claim on any TV ( mine is 60in Samsung 2019model) or any claims on ear buds (mine: GalaxyBuds+ & GalaxyBuds2). I juat want to know if there have been successful TV claims. I think you can get my model TV for $500-$750 now. Thanks for any replies.. any help is appreciated.  God Bless. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 months ago

@Dad_in_Louisiana 

If you had read the thread, and I will assume that you did not, buried in the fine print television sets are not covered.

2 Messages

5 months ago

Before purchasing Assurion’s Home Protect Advantage plan (~$25/month) about 2 years ago, I asked if my AirPods and my AirPod Pros were covered. They assured me they would be covered in almost all circumstances. So, today, my labrador pup chewed up my regular AirPods. I called, and they are NOT covered since my dog did the damage. I asked the rep to cancel my subscription, and she transferred me to the correct department. I was put on hold and the kind rep told me she would check on me until they answered the call. She would check on me every few minutes and apologized for the wait. I told her not to worry. After about 20 minutes of being on hold, she (the rep) quit checking on me. I’m still on hold. About 10-15 minutes ago, I took a screen shot of my call showing how long I had been waiting, so I’ll attach it now. I’m currently STILL on hold. It’s been 1 hour 55 minutes and counting.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 months ago

Call AT&T directly to cancel insurance or do it yourself online.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 months ago

Why would anyone want to purchase Asurion insurance from AT&T is beyond me. Asurion is one of the biggest electronic device insuring companies around and has one of the worst, if not the worst track record. 

1 Message

2 months ago

I am so very annoyed with AT&T and Asurion.  My Macbook air started experiencing serious problems with loading pages and unstable screen. I kept getting errors regarding OS needed to be installed.  Asurion sent me to their local store, ubreakifix, where the representative advised me that the screen was cracked as soon as he opened the top.  He said they were easy to break and could have been caused by closing it on the cord. Not!  Sent it in to Asurian by UPS.  They replaced the screen. but I had no operating system and no other functions.  Back it went to Asurion.  I finally  got it back a little over a week ago, and discovered a couple of days ago that I now have no camera. I just called and was advised that now I must send it in again. I have been fooling around with these people fot over two months now.  As it turns out, though there are local Apple authorized repair enters, Asurion's stores are not, as confirmed by the Apple Company. That explains why they have the disclaimer in their stores regarding Apple devices may not work to Apple's standards after repaired there. After talking with Asurion this morning, I am aow waiting  for the "other department" to open so that my camera issue can be addressed.   I am getting rid of this program, it is not worth the headache.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.