Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
Gumbyjan's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Aug 17, 2017 5:30 AM

Buy one get one free ripoff

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 6 and got a Samsung Galaxy 6 free. Or that was the plan. I had to return Note 6 because of explosion hazard twice. Finally ended up with a Samsung Galaxy 7 edge and the original Galaxy 6 that should have been Free. A year later Im still being charged for "free" phone. I'm owed a huge credit at this point and I ended up with no note phone anyway.

I think I'm either going to mail both phones back and/or file a complaint with FCC and better business bureau.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

5 y مضت

@Gumbyjan Those phones are yours, I wouldn't mail them back, you'll still owe for the loan you took out on them.

Do you mean the Note 7?

ACE - Sage

• 

100.3K Messages

5 y مضت

Send all your information by private message to advanced support by clicking here @ATTCares

It will take a long time to correct this particular problem as the computer can't be forced to issue these credits, they have to manually be entered.  

FYI there was no Note 6, it was a Note 7 that was recalled.  

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

5 y مضت

@Gumbyjan wrote:
Has anyone else experienced an issue like this. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 6 and got a Samsung Galaxy 6 free. Or that was the plan. I had to return Note 6 because of explosion hazard twice. Finally ended up with a Samsung Galaxy 7 edge and the original Galaxy 6 that should have been Free. A year later Im still being charged for "free" phone. I'm owed a huge credit at this point and I ended up with no note phone anyway.

I think I'm either going to mail both phones back and/or file a complaint with FCC and better business bureau.

you mail the phones back your still going to have to pay for them or they will ding your credit.  In this case the FCC has no bearing since the recall flubbed things up.  Samsung should have done better with it.  DO as @lizdance40 said and you should be good.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.