Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
alexandre.martinez's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, November 27th, 2016 12:04 AM

BOGO refused, customer service unhelpful

I got a BOGO offer and 2 confirmations that I will receive it but I still didn't get anything and now the customer service told me I will not get it.

Anyone can contact me so I can send some documents they sent me?
Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@alexandre.martinez

1. What kind of phones were each of them?
2. You purchased both on Next? (which plan?)
3. You haven't been late for any of your payments?
4. You added a new line with AT&T
5. When did you purchase the phones?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Hi!

It was in August one person upgraded his phone to Note7 and a T-mobile went to my plan and took a S7 edge. Both on Next (24 and 30). I never missed a payment, it's automatic payment actually since 2011. 

I have a chat showing that I was promised the BOGO and I asked all questions to be sure it will be applied but they can't find it (it is from August).

I got a chat (no record on my side) in November when the manager told me that the BOGO has been approved and I will get the credit next bill cycle. But they can't/don't want to find it

Thanks

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Can't do two different Next plans on the BOGO. The Next plans had to be matching completely. Although you mention 24 and 30...which is the same Next plan so not sure what's going on here. Next 24 is 30 payments to own, 24 payments to trade-in. The only other Next plan is the every year Next and that is 12 months trade-in.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I am not sure, on the bill, I can see "Installment 4 of 30" for the first phone and "installment 4 of 24" on the other line...

I have carefully read the details of the BOGO and everything looks fine to me and I have asked an AT&T person to check with me on the chat and they confirmed everything with me and that I will see the credit in 3 bill cycles. I have also asked later a manager to check the details again and they told me it is approved.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 years ago

I have a copy of th August BOGO.  By august either Next was ok, and they did no have to match.   I suspect the problem is the Note 7.  

Did you replace it with another Samsung phone, and if so when?

IMG_4373.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

No the person kept the Note 7 for now and yes at this time, there was no mention of the Next plan.

I still have a copy of the BOGO offer for August, the chat of August 27th confirming the BOGO. The person on the chat told me he can't find the first chat and can't find the last one neither, just offered me $25 credit, which I refused and I don't know what to do now...

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 years ago

I'm just guessing but, I suspect the Note 7 has been invalidated as the "buy one" because it has to come back.  Until you replace it with a Samsung device, you are not going to get credits.  

The BOGO does require 2 phones from the same brand.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Ohh so if it is the case I have two questions:

• The person wants to wait for the new Samsung Galaxy instead of getting a S7 now, if he gets it in two months, I will still get the credit?
  • Why the customer service can't tell me this, while two weeks ago they told me that they can see the credit applied for next bill?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@alexandre.martinez wrote:

Why the customer service can't tell me this, while two weeks ago they told me that they can see the credit applied for next bill?

Because they were wrong.

OR

They were operating under the we can't tell the customer "no" premise (a positive wrong answer is perceived better than a truthful negative answer).

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 years ago

As I said, I'm guessing.  

But a lot of questions and rumors have come out of this recall.  

The GS8 would be scheduled to come out in March, as previous devices have.  That's 4 months away, not 2.   Any other date would also be rumor.   Also rumor, is that the recall will close at years end.  If, and I say IF that's true, the Note 7 will be worthless in March.  

Other rumors say those who stick with Samsung but had to return their Note 7 will be getting some special deal  on the Next Samsung phone.

I suggest you contact the wiser group of support folks here >> @ATTMobilityCare 

They may have more on the Note 7 status, if it's invalid for the BOGO now.  

The person with the Note 7 might want to consider the options as they may be playing cell phone roulette keeping that phone.  Samsung is under a mandatory recall and has been hobbling the phone in order to twist arms to get them all turned in.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.