Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 11:27 PM

BOGO Offer Issue : Filing Written Complaint

Dear AT&T Team,

Here I am creating new request as requested by @rameses to create new ticket to resolve issue with BOGO offer.

Here is the original post created back in October 2019 and successfully able to resolve Return Device Refund. Thanks for the Team and @rameses

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/How-to-file-a-complaint-about-an-issue-BOGO-Offer-Return-Device/m-p/6033536#M162056

Posting here again entire thing to resolve BOGO office issue.

Here is my situation: 

1. Pre-Ordered Samsung S10+ and Samsung S10 in March 2019

2. Samsung S10+ was delivered to my current address : No Issues

3. Samsung S10 was delivered to my old address which I left a year back: Problem was started

4. As soon as I received S10+, I did the tracking of S10 and it shown that delivered at my old address 

5. Immediately contacted AT&T and requested to route to my new address, But they mentioned that it is not possible and only option is to return S10 device to get new one. 

6. I have contacted my colleague/friend who is living near to my old address and used return label which was shipped with the device and dropped at UPS store without unpacking S10 device

7. Again contacted AT&T to ship new device, But they mentioned that returned device needs to be reached their warehouse to ship the new device. 

8. Received return received email from AT&T on March 22nd, So I have contacted AT&T to ship the new device. 

9. This time I have requested to ship S10+ as I liked it as per the BOGO offer which I was originally pre-ordered.  Call was forwarded to the another team to handle it as current BOGO only offer to get S10 if you brought S10+. After my discussion they agreed and shipped new S10+ device

10. It was happened last week of March 2019

11. After that I have contacted AT&T to issue refund for the device S10 which was already returned. Agent was promised that it will be credited in 5 to 10 business days.

12. After many back to back calls with AT&T agents after I created post on 10/17/2019. Finally issue got resolved for refund on December 2019 but got message that all the Private Message will be deleted due to maintenance.

13. Current issue needs to be resolved with the new device which shipped later, AT&T is charging installments and saying that BOGO was not applied because of both devices are not purchased at the same time.

14. I got information from @Ramses that AT & T can only apply BOGO offer with lesser amount. Looking for a solution and I am still paying for two phones. It's almost an year if we passed this month.

I am not sure why these things not resolved more than 11 months, What is the compensation on the time, money and follow up and also added some pressure on me. I am giving a final try and would like to go with Consumer Court to get it resolved.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

36K Messages

2 months ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. Posting here won’t create any kind of ticket. It’s unlikely anyone from ATT even sees or replies. Your best bet to resolve is to escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

@sandblaster Thank You! Will go with your advise. Have a Great Day!

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

If it was a BOGo offer, make sure you met all requirements, generally at least one new line, good standing account, correct models and purchase dates of both within timeframe of promotion offered. If trade in required, checking that trade in was received and approved. Offers take 1-3 bill cycles, and being 11 months later I don’t know how likely it is to get anything adjusted this far out. Try this: “As this was an online order, you'll need to contact the ECommerce department at (Phone number hidden) weekdays from 8am to midnight and on weekends from 8am to 8pm.”

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

@mobilemax,

Thank you for your reply. I have pre-ordered two phones and one phone was delivered at my old address. It was returned as per the suggestion by AT&T agent. Second phone was ordered on the same BOGO once returned phone was successfully received by AT&T as it was AT&T mistake after talking with agent.

I was communicating with AT&T since June 2019 as I am not seeing BOGO offer along with another issue returned phone refund was not credited. Finally after so many calls, I have posted here before planning to go to consumer court, Then @rameses (At&T agent started communicating and resolved refund issue and asked to create one more post to resolve BOGO offer).

I am worrying about the same like why it is still not fixed even after 11 months.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…