AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Need help understanding your bill?
BOGOus's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Mon, Jan 2, 2017 1:35 AM

BOGO iphone6s

In June 2016 , I added a new line for my teenaged child and upgraded my phone to get the BOGO iphone 6s. I was told by the rep that it would take 2-3 months to see credits on the bill. What I did not know was that the manager( who has since moved out of state)
apparently put me on paperless billing. I would NEVER have agreed to this. The way I found out was, in mid July I called AT&T b/c I hadn't received a bill. I thought that b/c I added a line & such that it might be delayed but I was concerned so I called AT&T, that's when I was told that I owed $697. and that I was on paperless billing. I mailed the check the next day, I was upset, I am never late with payments and have always had excellent credit. I still don't know what the $697. charges were for! The next month it was $403., now it's about $288. per month. I spent lots of hours on phone and in store and get lots of different answers as to why they will not honor the BOGO, I am still paying for 2 phones. I have been with this same company for 19 years and never had a late payment before this manager put me on paperless billing without my knowledge. I feel that AT&T is not treating their loyal customers well. I need someone from AT&T to call me and hear my issue and make things right.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

@BOGOus You should be able to look up those bills on-line to see exactly what those charges are for. They keep the PDFs on-line for a year+. 

Great username!!!

I've got a few BOGO questions if you want some help figuring it out:

1. What kind of phones were each of them?
2. Specifically, which Next plans were both the phones on? 
3. Have you been late for any of your payments?  
(I'd have more questions but you gave good info already!)

ACE - Sage

• 

102.1K Messages

6 years ago

@BOGOus 

The BOGO required the phone's be the same brand, so 2 iPhone 6s had to be purchased.   No other iPhone was eligible at the time.  

In June the required Next plan was 30 months (Next 24)   Check your bill online. 

BTW, paperless billing is the default. If you do not want it, you must request a paper bill.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

It was 2 iPhone 6s's and the payments are for 30 months.
There should be no "default", the customer should be asked their preference. If the customer is on paper going into the store, they should leave the account the way I have chosen. Why would AT&T complicate the transaction? Poor business practice, changing my billing preference by default.
This is so wrong.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

@BOGOus wrote:
It was 2 iPhone 6s's and the payments are for 30 months.

That's 2 of the 3.

3. Have you been late for any of your payments?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, late payment b/c I had no idea they cancelled my paper billing. There was no mention of a change at the point of sale.
Why would I intentionally pay late after 19 years of never being late after I just made a huge purchase? I suppose it was human error of the manager/ salesperson by putting me on paperless but I expect AT&T to resolve this (in my favor) or at least work with me. But the customer service has been poor. I've spent so many hours on the phone and in the store already. I am so disappointed in AT&T.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

6 years ago

I agree. You should not be penalized because your billing was changed without your knowledge or consent. I would think your payment history would be enough to give you the benefit of the doubt. Suggest you send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare. They are a specialized customer care team that may be able to help.

ACE - Sage

• 

102.1K Messages

6 years ago

If ATT is invalidating the BOGO due to a late payment, that isn't something we are aware of.  But I'm starting to be a bit suspicious something like that is the case.  

If it is, get it in writing that that is the case, then file a complaint with the FTC and everyone else you can think of.  One late payment in so many years is no reason to invalidate a promotion.  

And it makes the entire promotion suspect.  

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

@BOGOus wrote:
Yes, late payment b/c I had no idea they cancelled my paper billing. There was no mention of a change at the point of sale.

I understand that, I started this with "if you want some help figuring it out", but you can't just skip the answer if you think it might be the cause.  That's just wasting everyone's time. 

I've not seen anyone get an initial rejection for this reason before, but it's VERY often that people don't follow up with us (so we don't always know). It's the only thing I see on yours that doesn't match up and that really depends on the definition of "in good standing".  We're not the evaluation committee, we're the trying to help you figure it out group...

I'd keep hassling them to get a reason for the rejection. Someone could stick to their guns that you're responsible for your bills even when you don't get the paper copy (say the post office lost it).

Send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare and please keep us in the loop as to what's happened. We like to know if we're helping and we like info so we know where/how to direct the next people...

From one of the BOGO offers.

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 2.39.16 PM.pngNot sure if this is the issue, but they often use this wording.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Well, I finally got Shiela from Customer Loyalty on the phone. She was most professional and competent, and seems to be a true asset to her employer. She took her time to go through all the notes and discovered :
1.The original incident was denied b/c it was " sent to the wrong dept. " ( They never contacted me to inform me of this)
2.The delinquent payment didn't cause the issue. More surprises from AT&T to come...
3.She said the installment plan was the incorrect installment plan! She said that I purchased on 6/10, and as of 6/9, the plan had to be for 30 months, not 24 months which they put me on.
Shiela said she involved her manager and submitted an " urgent case", the resolution of which I can expect on 1/5/17. She said they usually email their decision( but they didn't for the original " wrong dept."incident), but that I should call them on 1/6/17 if I haven't heard from them.
Unfortunately, with all my work on this and what I keep discovering about AT&T customer support, I am not hopeful that this will end soon or in my favor.
But I will keep you posted. Thanks for all of your guidance, truly appreciated!
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

@BOGOus wrote:
3.She said the installment plan was the incorrect installment plan! She said that I purchased on 6/10, and as of 6/9, the plan had to be for 30 months, not 24 months which they put me on.

You told us it was 30 months...

Shiela said she involved her manager and submitted an " urgent case", the resolution of which I can expect on 1/5/17. She said they usually email their decision( but they didn't for the original " wrong dept."incident), but that I should call them on 1/6/17 if I haven't heard from them.

Good luck, please keep us in the loop!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.