For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
M

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 5th, 2020 1:03 AM

BJ'S IPhone $700 off and $250 Giftcard Problem

After making a deal with the AT&T salesperson in BJ's in June, I have yet to receive my $700. I traded in two IPhone XRs and received two $250 gift cards for both through AT&T rewards, but haven't seen the $700 trade-in reflected in my bill. Instead, I never even received a confirmation number after sending in the phones, and I didn't believe that I needed to take a photo of the invoice before sending it out. I have insurance on both packages, but after being in contact with the AT&T branch of BJ's, I've been going in circles for months. I was told because it wasn't shipped to the right place, even though I used the packaging provided to me, I'm not entitled to get my money back. I have no idea who to contact and I feel like I'm never going to get the money I deserve. I just want to know what are the next steps I should take. 

I saw another post: https://forums.att.com/conversations/wireless-billing/bjs-att-iphone-11-on-us-250-dollar-gift-card-offer-fraud/5f093f546880ca5565ea80ce - talking about the same issue but there wasn't a real solution give. If there's any further actions I should take, please let me know.

Thanks!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Yes take it up with BJs there are 100s of posts about BJ deals falling through. And they aren’t At&t employees they are BJ employees

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Same here at the (edited per community guidelines).  Got 3 wrong phones shipped to me after being pressured and assured by BJ's rep that our 3 phones were eligible for trade for FREE iPhone 12s for cost of tax only, no need to change plans, and no other charges, except a possible upgrade charge of $30 if my work discount didn't cover that.  He said our bill would not go up.  He even said we should call corporate ATT and tell them to stack an AARP discount along with my work discount.  3 wrong phones shipped to us.  Local AT&T store traded for correct phones but said BJ's rep lied about free phones, not having to change plans, and didn't order the correct phones.  To top it off, I too was told that our old/working phones that we had shipped back with provided USPS stickers probably were being shipped to the wrong warehouse and might never get credited to our account.  Over 2 hours on phone with ATT corporate.  If not resolved, I will be filing a complaint with BBB and State Attorney General Office against both AT&T and BJ's Club for lack of oversight over these employees.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Again bj employees not At&t

• 

33 Messages

3 years ago

My local BJS had someone from Smart Circle dealing on behave of AT&T. I got emails about my 250 AMEX from BJS for signing up. They were finalized on Sunday and was told they should ship by the 17th.  I added 6 lines. And AT&T service is not better then the company I left.  Plus the 1,500.00 I am getting is going to pay off devices I was still paying on. Still waiting for the bill credits to kick in on my bill. And My first bill end cycle was yesterday and still waiting to see that. I know its going to be high with the activating fee for each line and a partial month charge and 1 month ahead and charge for each device. If you are activating that many lines at once they should cut you a break.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

the 1500 in amex is a BJs deal not at&t. at&t doesnt issue any amex gift cards they use  visa gift cards, your promotions dont start until the 3rd billing cycle.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.