Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
D

• 

1 Message

Fri, Aug 14, 2020 9:21 AM

Billing Nightmare Please someone help me

Hello everyone, so my family has been with AT&T for over 30 years. Generally, we were happy we paid our bills, got working service so on. One day I went into a local store to get a tablet line removed because we didn't use it all for the past 3 years we paid for it. You would think it would be a simple process but wrong. The woman I worked with told me I needed to call in which I did in the store, the rep I woke with told me I couldn't remove it till the end of my bill. Anyway, while I was at the store the lady was telling me about the unlimited elite plan. With my discount from work and if I were to sign up for autopay and paperless billing 3 lines on that plan would come out to $180.63 which was only about a $1 more than what I was paying for a older mobile share data plan when I had that 4th tablet line. So I thought what the heck.
So she told me she would put the changes through at the end of my bill cycle so I didn't have pro rated charges. However, she put it through that day. So another call had to be made to get things correct. I spent 4 hours in the store that day to have nothing be resolved. So I called in on a day off I had to try again to remove the tablet. I also spoke and recorded this call in full to see about the unlimited plan. This time progress was made. However, now that my new plan change has occurred I am still getting a pro rated charge. No one at ATT will tell me why, and instead of being credited for your mess up I got a measly $35. Through this whole shabang I have spent enough time on the phone to have easily had this paid off. I am so angry at this point for the gross incompetence. I have been patient and understanding but honest to god, this is why I don't do autopay with AT&T and this whole experience has been laughable. Never have I had to deal with a company that makes the process of doing business so difficult. If this doesn't get resolved I am taking my lines and going to Verizon. Even if it costs me more I will do it out of spite discount be darned.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.1K Messages

a month ago

You have to call at&t (its policy with all carriers) to cancel a line.  

If the cost difference between your previous plan in your new plan is only one dollar the prorated charges should not amount to more than a $1 either.   Assuming your discounts are on the bill.  ARE THEY?
(AT&T does not prorate canceled lines or canceled service. So you would be paying for the tablet line for the full month anyway.)
   How long ago?   Your employee discount may take 2 months to verify, so that credit may not have started yet.   Thats an extra $10 per line discount.  
    Are you signed up for auto pay and paperless billing?  If not, thats $30 a month in discounts you wont get.  
    Thats potentially $60 in discounts.   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question