5 Messages

Wed, May 27, 2020 2:43 AM

Billing Escalation for my account.

Me and My wife switched from AT&T Pre-paid to post paid after we
were sold an upgrade offer plan on December 12, 2019 from AT&T store

Georgia Tech, Atlanta, Georgia.
Store Manager (i can provide the name if needed) convinced me that
with this upgrade plan i will only have to pay 10$/month for I-Phone XS
(20$ credit back for each billing). I added 2 new lines on my account, so total 4 lines.
I was happy with my Pre-paid plan from AT&T from last 2 years and i made a huge mistake to move to this upgrade plan
after trusting on Store Manager. This was my worst decision to opt for upgrade.

I am paying 60$ for 2 lines (IPhone XS 2 Phones) which i should have been paying only 20$ as per the plan.
I have reached out to store manager multiple times and every-time i got an assurance that this will be kick-in after 3 billing cycle.
I reached out to customer support many times and every-time they asked to visit store and talk to store manager who sold this plan.
Its been over 6 months and i am in the same situation. I visited store more than 20 times and every-time they told to me that
it has been escalated to District Manager (I can provide the name if needed). Its been over 2 months still the same situation for me.
No one is reaching out to me, no one is giving me an update on the escalation. I am not able to reach out to District Manager.
Its been frustrating. I have to drive 30 miles every week to the store to check status
and every-time i get that this case is with district manager.

Please find email content from Store manager when they escalated this to district manager and i never received an update on email or via phone.

Seems like AT&T don't bother for their customers. They just sold plan based on false statements.
I want resolution on this and want someone from ATT to seriously take this matter. I am sure there are many more consumers who must be suffering
the way i am going through right now. My contract is for 30 months and i dint want to pay 1800$ which i should have been paying only 600$
for I phone XS.

Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 1:24 PM

To: Courtney (Edited as per community guidelines) <[email scrubbed]>

Cc: DARDEN, JOHN A <(Edited as per community guidelines)>

Subject: Customer Escalation

Customer migrated from prepaid to postpaid and should be receiving a credit for two lines on his account. The promotion at the time was for $10/mo credits on upgraded lines, which prepaid to postpaid migrations count as such. This is now the fourth bill and no credits have been applied.

Parag (Edited as per community guidelines)

(Edited as per community guidelines)

--------------------------------------------

I am really tired of this situation and i wish i could have never opted for this plan.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39K Messages

a month ago

Sorry to say but the store manager is wrong. The phone deals require opening new lines but moving lines from prepaid to postpaid don’t qualify as new lines. This forum is not customer support, you won’t get resolution here. You can escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you but I would not expect a favorable outcome.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

Thanks for the reply. There must be an escalation department in AT&T where we can complaint this. Store Manager sold me a wrong plan and i have email from him where he stated that i am eligible for credits. so basically, either he was not aware of the plan completely or he lied to me to complete his targets. Now he is taking a U turn after i escalated to District Manager and saying that he told me that i will not get credits. So not sure why he is lying to me now. I have 2 proofs -

a. Escalation email from AT&T store to district manager stating that i am eligible for credits b. I have been asking him to manually give me credits until this is resolved and he provided me few credits which proves that he agrees that i should get credits based on the plan he sold to me.

Do you think filing FCC with above two points will help in resolving this issue ?

Thank you.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39K Messages

There is no complaint department. An FCC complaint will result in someone from the Office of the President to contact you. That is as high as you can escalate. If they can’t or won’t resolve, no one will.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.4K Messages

a month ago

(I have to ask because not everyone understands postpaid billing after using prepaid. Postpaid is not lump-sum simple billing, its ala carte.)

How much is the bill, and on what plan?

”I am paying 60$ for 2 lines (IPhone XS 2 Phones) which i should have been paying only 20$ as per the plan.”

please clarify the $60 ?

The line access, data plan and installment less credits are all detailed charges. 4 lines on The unlimited starter plan are $35 each, total $140 before taxes, and installments. Extra is $160 before tax and installment, Elite is $200 before tax and installment.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

5 Messages

Plan is to get 20$ credit back on each IPhone XS Installment

Two I-Phone XS = 30 $ + 30$ = 60$

Credits on I Phone XS installment based on the plan sold by Store Manager = 20$ + 20$ = 40$

So, basically i should end up paying 20$ for 2 phones.

But, i am not getting my credit back on the phone installment. Store manager who sold me this plan has left the store and moved to another state. This has already been escalated to District Manager but i am not getting any response on the same. I have 2 major proof's to tell that its a mistake made my Store manager and why should consumer get penalized for the same.

a. I have visited 20+ times to the same store after my first bill and the Store manager always assured me that this will gets corrected after 3rd bill. We both talked to customer care many times from the same store.

b. I have email from that Store email Id if where it stated that i am eligible for the credits and should be getting it. This is an escalation email to District Manager.

c. Same Store Manager has applied manual credits of 40$ after each bill which stats that he knew that i am eligible for these credits.

Now, Store Manager realized that he sold me a plan by false commitment (By mistake or Deliberately to meet his targets ) and now the same Store Manager is taking U-turn .

If a consumer is lying then how come ATT justify above (b and c) points. Its been six months i am trying to resolve this with ATT and seems like no one cares.

This is big time unprofessional-ism from ATT.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.4K Messages

a month ago

Highly likely you were not eligible from the start. Phone promotions usually require a brand
Brought into AT&T either from another carrier or from scratch. All of the recent promotions have also required an unlimited data plan.

To bypass AT&T Lower customer service, file a Better Business Bureau complaint online. The complaint is forwarded to AT&T upper management. However if they cannot find a promotion which matches the one you are talking about, or you did not qualify they may deny credits.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

5 Messages

Thanks , so basically, Store manager can sell any plan to anyone based on False statements to meet his scores and later AT&T can easily deny that i am not eligible for credits. So i guess, setting up a trap for consumers with no resolution. Not sure how many other consumers have faced this kind of problem and what was the end result for them.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.4K Messages

Deals and promotions are changing constantly. I cannot assume this was deliberate oh, and not leave any room for human error.
I always recommend that people go to the website and read the offers and save them. If it's not in print oh, there is no legitimate offer

• 

5 Messages

I do have print where it states the Upgrade offer which i purchased and have 20$ credit back on the phone. Also, that Print out is given to me by Store Manager after selling the plan. After six months everyone from Customer care is telling me that its a Trade-In-offer and he must have forgot to tell you. It leads to another questions, how come he sold me Trade-In-offer when he knew that i am not going to trade in. so basically, its a loop hole on how AT&T sells his plan. Very simple, why i switch to post paid which has zero benefit and why the Store Manager is processing manual credits until now. This shows that he sold me the plan in which he thinks i was eligible for credits and i accepted that plan/offer based on the print he gave to me which did not mention Trade-In offer. Now do you still think its a consumer who should bear the loss. Anyways, i just want to know how to handle these type of cases and how to escalate so that it gets proper attention from At&T.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.4K Messages

I already suggested you file a BBB complaint.

Get started...

Ask a new question