For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ritojr's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, November 16th, 2012 3:39 PM

Billing Cycle Question

Hi all. Just signed up for ATT last Friday and have a question for you all. I logged onto my account and saw that I already have a bill due 12/7 for my first month. I signed up for service on 11/9. Every cell phone plan I have ever had always charges you after you use your phone for the billing cycle. So if my cycle started 11/9 and runs through 12/9 (for example) then my bill should come out after 12/9 and be due after that. I called ATT and they claim they charge in advance. So basiclly you pay for the month you are about to use. This seems wrong to me and sketchy at best. I had an insurance company pull this on me before saying I was always paying in advance of my monthly service then when I left them they tried to charge me for my last month, saying that you pay after you use the service for a month. This just seems like ATT is trying to get an extra month out of me and assuming at the end of my contract I will have forgotten I was paying in advance. Anyone else think this is odd?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

If the AT&T bill statement would say you already paid for period Nov 6 to Dec5.  and would also say that the payment that is due on Nov 21 is for bill cycle Dec 6 to Jan 5.  That would be acceptable.  But the bill does not specify what bill cycle you are paying for.

IT MUST BE STATED ON THE BILL the correct bill cycle you are paying for.   Only ethical way.

Bit is is not stated anyplace on the bill.  It only shows the bill cycle you already paid for.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@LSJLM66 wrote:

If the AT&T bill statement would say you already paid for period Nov 6 to Dec5.  and would also say that the payment that is due on Nov 21 is for bill cycle Dec 6 to Jan 5.  That would be acceptable.  But the bill does not specify what bill cycle you are paying for.

IT MUST BE STATED ON THE BILL the correct bill cycle you are paying for.   Only ethical way.

Bit is is not stated anyplace on the bill.  It only shows the bill cycle you already paid for.  

@LSJLM66 I'm not sure why your bill doesn't. My bill clearly states what the charges are for and exactly what I am paying for. My bill cycle runs from the 24th of the month to the 23rd of the next month and my bill is due on or about the 14th. So the bill I just paid on Dec 14th was for charges from Nov 24 to Dec 23 and that is clearly stated on my bill. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.