Need help understanding your bill?
P

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, December 5th, 2020 8:27 PM

Billing Bamboozle

I just finished a long conversation with a customer support person to set up 5G service.

When all was said and done, she quoted me a "5G" plan that was $10.00/month per phone cheaper than what I had been paying previously for a legacy family plan.

She was incorrect.

My bill email confirmation shows it to be $75.00/month HIGHER.

Been on hold for an hour trying to get this resolved.

If it cant be, I'll be switching to another carrier.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

I don’t know if what you were quoted was right but I can guarantee you the email you received was wrong. The projected bill email they send is infamously wrong because it does not include any discounts. You can easily verify what your price for the new plan will be at att.com as all plans and prices are online. So what plan, how many lines and what price did they quote you?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

"Unlimeted Elite"

3 lines

Quoted 150.00/month before taxes/surcharges

E-Mailed summary showed a total for pro-rating, etc.

The screwed-up  part: Your estimated ongoing bills will be$239.88/mo+ Taxes

After EIGHTY MINUTES on hold, I was able to speak to a customer service rep, who was overseas.  The rep. said they are down staff by 50% due to Covid-19.  He also said they are not allowed to work from home due to security reasons.

He said that my issue is common, has been brought up with AT&T management, as it is causing a large influx of calls from irritated customers.

As anyone with common sense can appreciate, the bill was incorrect, high by 70-some dollars/month, and that causes one to take pause.  At least those who pay attention to their bills.

Why they cannot send out an accurate bill is inexcusable.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Again, what you got is not a bill. It’s called the customer service summary and is historically wrong because it does not include discounts. Three lines on unlimited elite would be $180/month, reduced to $150/month if you qualify for a signature discount. Presuming you qualify for a signature discount, your quote was correct. Ignore that stupid customer service summary.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

BTW, this was the ongoing price shown on the "MyAT&T" account web site.

Also incorrect.

Your estimated ongoing bills will be$239.88/mo+ Taxes

So the e-mail AND my online account are incorrect.

The exalted 5G rollout hype has been a fumbled mess.  Clearly AT&T's marketing department got too far in front of what they can deliver.  AT&T tech rep. told me they are currently in progress installing the 5G infrastructure, and listed 6 towers in the Los Angeles area being worked on right now.  Over-promise and under-deliver.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

3 years ago

This has nothing to do with 5G. The customer service summary has always been inaccurate. 

As stated, you can easily confirm the quoted price by looking at the AT&T website. 

You don’t have anything to stress about unless you receive and actual bill that doesn’t reflect the correct ongoing price. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

The colorful piece of paper or email that you received call the customer service summary or Bill estimate says right on top of it that it is not a bill. It is wrong.

Reapeat: WRONG

The taxes are wrong, it does not include any of your discounts built into the plan.

The prices on the website are correct, please read them att. com

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.