For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
dkmcfat's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 12th, 2018 7:00 PM

Billing and Customer Service Issues - Post Paid

Hello, I have been an AT&T wireless customer for more than 10 years and have never asked for any type of concession. But in July I upgrade mine and my wife's IPhone and the family plan. Once I upgrade I was told the upgrade fees would be waived. Also, after upgrading my free premium service did not work. So, I used the online chat, called support and even went to the store to get help with both problems. None could help after repeated tries. I decided that i would tackle this problem once I got back from vacation.

My next big problem started on the very first day of my vacation. Unbeknownst to me my phone and all phones on my plan connected to the cruise ship cell tower at the cruise terminal that my family and I were leaving from. So before we set sail we had rang up over a $100.00 in AT&T at Sea fees. I had purchased my daughter the unlimited text and data plan from the cruise line and did not use my phone after we set sail.  After two days of sailing and once in Mexico I received a text from AT&T of the $100.00 at Sea Fees previously mentioned. I called AT&T and was mislead into purchasing their $90.00 Cruise package and was unaware at the time that the fees were incurred on the day of the cruise (i.e. I would have had those fees waived and turned my phone off.) Since I purchased the package I continued to use my phone. Big mistake.

I get home and review my bill which normally runs $275.00 is now a whopping $741.00. 

I call at least five different time on 08-12-2018 due to get hung up on and being transferred to people who don't want to assist including their loyalty department. The Loyalty department does not give a crap if you turn off your service by the way.

All I asked for was a $320.00 credit and was told no by everyone I talked too. Think about that I was still willing to pay $421.00 even though my bill is normally $275.00. I admitted and told the truth that I did use my phone at my departure port because I thought I was still on my regular cell network. Then finally I got someone that I thought would help and AT&T offered me only a $100.00 credit.  Come on $100.00 credit is going to make me loyal? No its not I cannot wait until T-Mobile and Sprint merge and they finally get a network like AT&T and Verizon.

I will enjoy canceling my AT&T service when that day comes. Just think AT&T you are letting me go over $220.00.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I was jipped. I'm not happy with AT&t. I'm enrolled in autopay. Now I'm told I have to pay $10 in December. I made 2 payments of &58.05. Disgusted with service!!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Myersklan5 wrote:

I was jipped. I'm not happy with AT&t. I'm enrolled in autopay. Now I'm told I have to pay $10 in December. I made 2 payments of &58.05. Disgusted with service!!

There are no details in there so it's hard to offer any suggestions or information.

If you paid a month in advance it might invalidate the $10 autopay discount since you aren't autopaying (I'm only guessing due to the lack of info).

I'm also not sure what the service complaint is.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I got screwed and I'm not happy!!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Myersklan5 wrote:
I got screwed and I'm not happy!!

That's SO much clearer. Thank you for the additional information  😞

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

ATT customer service offered me an upgrade that would be the same pricing I was currently paying. Yea! However, the upgrade came at a much higher price! The CS agent did not present all of the fact when presenting the upgrade ~ although, I was assured that my bill would not go up, it did by $200 a month! I have been an ATT customer for almost 20 years, and I am not happy! We are leaving ATT! This is not worth it! I have called many times already, and have been told that this issue has been escalated to a supervisor, but my bill just came....still high! Good-bye, ATT!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@ksn2018 wrote:

ATT customer service offered me an upgrade that would be the same pricing I was currently paying. Yea! However, the upgrade came at a much higher price! The CS agent did not present all of the fact when presenting the upgrade ~ although, I was assured that my bill would not go up, it did by $200 a month! 

Are you trying to keep this as vague a possible!?! And not presenting us all of the facts on purpose! 

What did you upgrade? You plan? Your phones?

What would be the same price? The phone payments? The plan cost?

Did you get new phones? Did you change your plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@ksn2018 wrote:

ATT customer service offered me an upgrade that would be the same pricing I was currently paying. Yea! However, the upgrade came at a much higher price! The CS agent did not present all of the fact when presenting the upgrade ~ although, I was assured that my bill would not go up, it did by $200 a month! I have been an ATT customer for almost 20 years, and I am not happy! We are leaving ATT! This is not worth it! I have called many times already, and have been told that this issue has been escalated to a supervisor, but my bill just came....still high! Good-bye, ATT!

Since no single phone has an installment of $200, your post makes no sense.  

If you meant changing plans, you should have written, ‘newer plan’.  Even that is highly unlikely to be a $200 a month increase.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

People come on here with a complaint and the answers they receive are not helpful and outright disrespectful.

I received the same crappy customer service when I called them on the phone.

Keep this up and AT&T will soon be out of business despite being a large company.

The peoples voice is powerful.

I will take my business elsewhere.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@TINAPCOLA wrote:

People come on here with a complaint and the answers they receive are not helpful and outright disrespectful.

Well only ONE person posted a complaint with details that could be answered, and he got them.  Didn’t like them, but they were factually correct.  

I received the same crappy customer service when I called them on the phone.  

Yeah, real specific. 

Keep this up and AT&T will soon be out of business despite being a large company.

The peoples voice is powerful.

I will take my business elsewhere.

The OP is the only one who posted useful facts in his complaint.  He got factual answers to his complaint.  

Posting vague, “I’m not happy “ posts and I should do what with that?   Suggest Prozac?  Booze?  Life coach?  

I see dozens of specific complaints and it’s real easy to reply to those.  You signed up and wasted boh our time.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I had something similar happen to me. I’m with you on theripped off part. I can understand the frustration. At&t was very quick to say one thing, do another promise another and then send me to collections. Guard your credit and be careful. The humor in it is while the collections company continues to call, att still bills me as well. 

Heres what happened. Make it short. All true story I have the documents even the online chats(I love the feature where you can keep that now) 

I ordered a tablet over the phone. Less than 15 days , It didn’t work for me. I was told to take it to an att store they would mail it back for me. Att store turned me away. I quote “we don’t handle phone orders” go home.

call customer service back, they said they would send me the box and label to send it in. Week goes by and nothing. Call again(keep in mind we’re hitting 30 days now and there is a balance) I spoke to the nicest representative, I have all names of course times and dates, she gives me a case number, says it was out mistake the fort person did it wrong since it has been 30 days keep the tablets it was a Thursday call back on Monday to confirm the balance is gone. Called spoke to a male, he referenced the case, spoke to his supervisor, she came on the line said I’m going to created another case and override this and again confirmed “KEEP THE TABLET” since I has paid taxes and fees at the beginning etc. She said give it and hour you’ll see your balance go to zero.

That never happened.

I have it a week. Called again. Another representative confirmed the same thing very nice man, said “it was our fault” and joked “well at least you got to keep the tablet”

created another case” confirmed that it should be taken care if I said no on my end the balance if 178$.

Long story super long. More weeks go by when I finally called again the last at&t rep I spoke to said to me “why don’t you email the president of at&t”

im in collections for 280 dollars  

i wouldn’t share such a story if anything about this was untrue or fabricated I have never been so humiliated over something I’ve haven’t done wrong. I have a limitation where (we can’t get personal on here) if I could do more or wouldn’t be so spineless I gave up I don’t care if the advice I get is people telling me I messed up i want to know what i should have done 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.