For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
dkmcfat's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 12th, 2018 7:00 PM

Billing and Customer Service Issues - Post Paid

Hello, I have been an AT&T wireless customer for more than 10 years and have never asked for any type of concession. But in July I upgrade mine and my wife's IPhone and the family plan. Once I upgrade I was told the upgrade fees would be waived. Also, after upgrading my free premium service did not work. So, I used the online chat, called support and even went to the store to get help with both problems. None could help after repeated tries. I decided that i would tackle this problem once I got back from vacation.

My next big problem started on the very first day of my vacation. Unbeknownst to me my phone and all phones on my plan connected to the cruise ship cell tower at the cruise terminal that my family and I were leaving from. So before we set sail we had rang up over a $100.00 in AT&T at Sea fees. I had purchased my daughter the unlimited text and data plan from the cruise line and did not use my phone after we set sail.  After two days of sailing and once in Mexico I received a text from AT&T of the $100.00 at Sea Fees previously mentioned. I called AT&T and was mislead into purchasing their $90.00 Cruise package and was unaware at the time that the fees were incurred on the day of the cruise (i.e. I would have had those fees waived and turned my phone off.) Since I purchased the package I continued to use my phone. Big mistake.

I get home and review my bill which normally runs $275.00 is now a whopping $741.00. 

I call at least five different time on 08-12-2018 due to get hung up on and being transferred to people who don't want to assist including their loyalty department. The Loyalty department does not give a crap if you turn off your service by the way.

All I asked for was a $320.00 credit and was told no by everyone I talked too. Think about that I was still willing to pay $421.00 even though my bill is normally $275.00. I admitted and told the truth that I did use my phone at my departure port because I thought I was still on my regular cell network. Then finally I got someone that I thought would help and AT&T offered me only a $100.00 credit.  Come on $100.00 credit is going to make me loyal? No its not I cannot wait until T-Mobile and Sprint merge and they finally get a network like AT&T and Verizon.

I will enjoy canceling my AT&T service when that day comes. Just think AT&T you are letting me go over $220.00.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

This is not the first post like this I’ve read.  Here’s the thing, another carrier, Cellular at Sea, has billed ATT because you ran up charges on their satellite phone service.  They billed ATT, and ATT billed you.  

As I said, it happens, and it’s possible to run up huge bills on ships and planes.  Since you are responsible for any charges you incur on your phones, it doesn’t seem to me that ATT owes you a credit.  

Several travels report that ship have notices as you board and on the info screen on room TVs. 

(BTW.  Cellular at sea is not enabled in port.). 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Cellular at Sea", “Nor-18” or “901-18” Display: On-board networks operate only while in international waters. Therefore, your AT&T cruise package allowances and overage rates for usage on-ship only apply when "Cellular at Sea", “Nor-18” or “901-18” displays on your device. Cruise package allowances and overage rates also apply off-ship, but only to the extent you are attached to land-based cellular networks in Canada, Mexico, and select Caribbean islands, and have no other AT&T domestic and/or international calling, texting and/or data plan that supersedes those rates. Everywhere else (including where "Cellular at Sea", “Nor-18” or “901-18” is not displayed), pay-per-use rates apply, unless an additional current package offer applicable to country visited is active on the line of service.”

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Well obviously you work for ATT.

Maybe those signs are at the Port you disembarked from. But those signs are not displayed in the one that I departed from.

Yes they do owe me a refund because I have paid my bill on time for over 10 years and have never asked for a credit, refund or anything during that time. So yes as a loyal ATT customer I expected them to give me a credit and still do.

If not they are going to lose me as a customer over $220.00.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@dkmcfat

nope.  Just because I disagree with you, does not make me an employee or even a big fan of ATT.  

ATT has plenty of things they do wrong or that I don’t agree with.   The list is plenty long.   But I would never run up charges then Welch on my bill or blame the carrier.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I can’t agree with you more .. you are not the only one suffering  from these corporate  scamsters called ATT .. they are a real pain and wish they go out of business and go bankrupt ASAP .. before they cheat more innocent  customers of their hard earned money .. and these ACE experts are on the payrolls of ATT !! Shame on them .. Scabengers !!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry .. suggest you spread your views on these scamsters on social media everywhere and help other innocent people from becoming prey to these huge corporate monsters !! I am doing it and will let as many people know as possible about their frauds   And careless attitude to customers .. they apparently care only for large business and don’t give a hoot for people like us 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

All employees are identified as such in their signature as mine is, ACE contributors are not on payroll they have the ace badge due to XXX amout of authored solutions in the forums. I my self have been in the same boat as the original poster (pun fully intended) with Norwegian cruise lines, mine was 1400 dollars though for 2 phones at sea after speaking with customer service on the ship she told me it happens all the time with a carriers and that people just didnt read the signs such as the one i was leaning against at the service desk, i stepped back lo and behold were instructions on how not to get charged, she then pointed out  3 more that i could see from where i was standing, she also suggested i look on the back of my door , oh and that safety meeting everyone has to go to but nobody listens to because they are talking to the people next to them  yep 5 minute speech about cell phone use on ship and on shore and how to avoid charges, I am an employee for 10 years and with at&t since the first oki 900 days  i didnt get a refund and i didnt ask for one because it was my fault for not paying attention but i will know on my next cruise how not to accumulate massive charges.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@dharaneesh

Not true.  We don’t get a dime in payment or discounts.  We read and know how to use the website.  We may even agree with your complaint.....if we knew what it was....but you didn’t post any facts.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@dkmcfat wrote:
Well obviously you work for ATT.

Maybe those signs are at the Port you disembarked from. But those signs are not displayed in the one that I departed from.

Yes they do owe me a refund because I have paid my bill on time for over 10 years and have never asked for a credit, refund or anything during that time. 

You think you should get a credit just because you have never received one before? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hard to believe that after being with ATT for so many years on a family plan that this company feels the need to rip-off and lie to their long time customers. We will be taking our business elsewhere. Will never come back to ATT. We upgrade phones and pay everything up front and now get increases in our bill. We asked all the questions about increases on the phone when making the upgrades and were assured that everything was staying the same. We were lied to a several levels. totally disgusted!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.