Need help understanding your bill?
Sharper44's profile

1 Message

Thursday, August 3rd, 2023 1:37 PM

Billed $20 Monthly Smartphone Access Without a Smartphone

We had some trouble with my stepdaughter and social media so we ended up getting rid of her smartphone and giving her a flip phone to teach her a lesson. I assumed that AT & T would automatically stop charging the $20 Smartphone Access fee from her line since they clearly see that she no longer had a Smartphone but I just realized that they have still been charging us the fee even though she hasn't had a Smartphone in quite some time. Is is wrong of me to expect a refund for these fees that we have been charged?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 months ago

The access fee is charged whether it’s a smartphone or not. The fact they are still calling it a smartphone access fee probably indicates the imei never got updated.

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

9 months ago

It’s not their job to monitor what features every customer has on their account. It is the consumers responsibility to know what plan/features they may or may not need. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

9 months ago

The $20 charge is probably on the mobile share advantage plan. Any phone on the mobile share advantage plan has a $20 access fee, discounted from $40 as long as the line remains out of contract.  Installments are not a contract, purchasing a phone on installments does not increase the $20 line fee to $40.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.