Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
Cadell2016's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Dec 19, 2016 9:18 AM

Bill

Why am I getting a bill for $107.an only had phone for ten days

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

jt212s

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @Cadell2016,

The most common reason to receive a higher than usual bill when starting service is proration. The second is activation fees.

Service is billed in advance, meaning you don't pay after the service but are billed before the service starts.

In this case, without knowing what plan youre on, if you used a Next plan to get the phone, etc., I can't say specifically why it's high, but as a quick explination, here goes.

You're assigned a bill cycle date when you start service. You said you started 10 days ago, so I'll assume the 9th. If your bill cycle ended up being the 16th-15th, that means on the first bill you would actually pay for service from the 9th of December through the 15th of January. It may not seem like much, but an extra 6 days can add up. In the case of the lowest Mobile Share Advantage plan with 1 line, that extra 6 days would be an extra $10.

Additionally, whenever you start a line of service with AT&T, a $20 activation fee is applied. In some locations, this fee is also taxed, adding even more.

Your bill should normalize for the next cycle. I also recommend if you check to see if you are eligible for any discounts on your AT&T service through your employer or affiliated groups. You can do so if you have an email through your employer or affiliated group at https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/.

For exact reasoning, you'll want to contact customer care at 611 or 800-331-0500.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

I found out increasing in my balance for this  month, so I don't know why??

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

I always pay my internet bill for $40 per month since April 2017, but this month I got 119 is a big difference in my balance. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.4K Messages

4 y ago

@awf164h   This is the customer populated cell phone forum, not internet, and not ATT.  We can’t see your bill.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

to whom it concerns if possible can you let me know how much my bill will be after the upgrade?  

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

53.4K Messages

4 y ago

@commo1234 This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. No one here can see your bill. If you just upgraded on a Next plan, your bill will increase by whatever the monthly cost is for the phone you bought. You will also probably have a one time upgrade fee.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

Why Do I have to pay $65 and I already paid my phone this week

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

Me changing my plan isn’t supposed to affect me if I paid my phone this week

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

4 y ago

@Maria112313 if you read the thread you will see we are customers. You need to contact at&t

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.