Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Lisa0801's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Nov 19, 2014 1:23 AM

Bill changes

I upgraded my phone to one on sale and was told there would be no changes to my policy. Two days later I get a text saying my policy is changing by $20 a month. The response I got was take the phone back and use your old (broken) one. I signed a new two year contract and they treated me like crap. Why would I stay a customer after this? Over 10 years and no help what-so ever.

[word filter avoidance]

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.6K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @Lisa0801 

I'm very sorry for any confusion. What kind of plan do you have? Sounds like you have a Mobile Share Value plan. With a plan like that, your line qualifies for a discount when it is out of contracts (no subsidy on equipment), but if you sign another contract, the discount is removed, but you get a subsidy discount on the phone instead. You will get the discount back when the contract is fulfilled. And you can keep the discount if you buy a phone at full price or with the AT&T Next payment program.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

And this is why I am done with At&T. Even at the store no one explained this to me. I was told my rate would not change. I feel it is wrong to charge someone more when they are committing to being your customer for a contract period. If I'm better off being a month to month contract they I might as well go with a different company.

Get started...

Ask a new question