Need help understanding your bill?
cschettle's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 5:17 PM

BEWARE Overcharges for International Plans $$$

This is a fact not a question but I can not find any other way to notify someone at AT&T who "cares".  If you buy a 30 day International Passport 1GB | $60.00 one-time charge and if you have previously bought a International Day Pass, you will be charged $10 per day on the International Day Pass even though you buy a 30 day International Passport.  For example, I purchased $60 for the 30 day International Passport from Jan 2 to Jan 31, if I used my cell phone internationally for 16 days between Jan 2 and Jan 31, I will be charged $160 even though the International Passport plan is in effect.  So my bill for international calling on this trip would be a total of $220 (in addition to my domestic plan charges).  I spoke/chatted with FOUR customer services agents (Rowe, Zyra B, Ricky G, and Alex T).  Alex T ended up removing the Day pass charges because of my "inconvenience".  They all said it was my problem since I did not disable the International Day Pass!  How is a customer to know this?  I have used both the International Day Pass (since I live very close to Canada and go there for a day or two at a time) and also the International Passport for international travel.  I have NEVER had this issue on prior international trips. However, I had always used customer service to buy the 30 day International Passport and the rep must have also disabled the International Day Pass (if it was enabled).  The last time I used the 30 day International Passport was in Aug 2018.  In Sept 2018, I spent a few days in Canada so I replied BUY to the International Day Pass via my cell phone.  I did not realize that this meant that the International Day Pass was enabled until I called in to disable it!  Even if I had known this, I would have expected the 30 day International Passport to override the International Day Pass!  The last time I purchased the International Passport the customer service rep said that I could do this online.  I much prefer online to avoid the frustrating & time consuming automated phone tree to get to a customer service rep.  So at the end of Dec, I logged into my online account and purchased the 30 International Passport but did not disable the International Day Plan.  Apparently MY BAD ... can't find any other way to tell a person at AT&T who "cares".  Hope this helps people avoid this issue and save their hard earned $$.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

3 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:
I see the 2GB plan for $70 ($35 per GB) or the 6GB plan for $140 (~$24 per GB) with both charging a $30 overage per GB.

Wow!  I totally missed that price per GB drop!!!  That makes 3GB only $100 now, it was $120 for 3 GB a few days ago (and overages are 40% less now too).

2GB would be awesome for $70 and if I go over it's only $30 per GB! And 2GB is more than enough.

That's way more cost-effective than IDP if I'm traveling for a couple of weeks! 

I remember paying $120 (or maybe it was $140) for 800 MB a few years back (maybe 8 or 9 years ago).

https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/passport.html

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

3 years ago

@cschettle Your plan doesn't have Canada included?  Is it a Mobile Share Value plan?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.