For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 27th, 2020 2:34 AM

Closed

Better plan available - At&t keeps me paying more?

Currently I have a $60 prepaid plan with 8GB and roll-over data, also with calls and data roaming in Mexico and Canada. When I went to my account today, I noticed there is a similar, almost word for word plan available for $50 (the difference in wording does not make a difference in service as it looks).

With autopay, I am paying $55/month, there I'd be paying $40. So yet another 5 dollars (plus taxes) I could be saving.

What's the deal? Why wasn't I notified about a better option and offered a switch? How is THAT a responsible treatment of old customers (have been with At&t for 6 years at this point). 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

You are on an old plan. Your plan was discontinued 2-3 years ago. You’ve been over paying a long time. ATT changes plans all the time. Sorry but they just don’t notify existing customers about plan changes. It’s your responsibility to check.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

At&t plans change every year.  They do not notify anyone.   It's easy to check att.com for new plans and rates for pre and post paid. 

No carrier changes you plan.  It's your job to do so. 

⚠️ do not change your plan until the end of your current plan. If you change your plan today you will lose the balance of anything you have paid for.   Prepaid does not prorate. 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

That is why it is simply ludicrous, as if I have no other responsibilities than check and compare what cell plans are available this month. It is ok if you are an apologist on behalf of a corporation, and your joy in life is in choosing a new health insurance, car insurance, house insurance and paying taxes every year.

But the carrier can do their share and notify customers about new plans available, they have enough technical capabilities for that - only if they really cared about long term customers getting a fair deal.

For those who care more about their hard earned money and quality time rather than corporate well-being: just beware.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

@ak206

You have one cellular plan, AT&T has about a million and a half prepaid customers who come and go all the time. You really think they're supposed to review everyone's plan to make sure that they're not over paying? That's ridiculous.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Well, they somehow now how much money to collect from everyone each month. I am sure that loving in 2020 that can figure out an algorithm. The question is do they want customer satisfaction over lost revenue?

But again, my point to all: be aware, and add rechecking your cell phone plan to (your secretary's) long list of things to do not to lose your money.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

It’s a computer.  And as a prepaid customer, your account is SELF-MANAGED.  
Don’t you review your expenses, read your bank and credit card statements?  

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

ak206 you are right except No  ATT can't get billing correct.  I'm overbilled constantly and have to go thru the hour long "Call" to get it corrected. 

Forget about the plans,and yes they absolutely can tell because they are my client in my call centers and we do many lines of business for them, but thier problem is they bought so many companies and are on so many different systems , one hand doesn't always know what the other is doing.  And I say this because I do 25mm a year in business for them.  Both inbound and outbound campaigns.  We were the first to launch U-Verse way back in an outbound campaign and we have them in our centers all the time.  This comes from the execs and trainers.  If you saw some of the programs that are agents have to use that literally were built 20 years ago and never changed.  But others that use the latest technology and most is querying data points is all it is.  I could write a 2 line SQLstatement and tell you what plan every person has.  They just are too big and almost impossible to centralize on one platform as they buy companies with technology in place.

Liz, I check my bill online every month because they overbill me and it changes for no reason and its been going on for years.  So how should I manage that since you seem to know so much?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

@OverbilledCust

Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with the original post. The original person does not receive a bill because they are on prepaid. Prepaid does not receive a bill of any sort, they refill monthly at the beginning of the 30 days.   If they choose auto-pay the refill is done automatically for them by computer.  

'Over bill' for what?   Over Bill implies that you are paying for something that you did not agree to or did not use.  

Changes?  For what? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.