Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jul 5, 2014 11:04 PM

Be careful when upgrade to a new phone it may cost more

Be careful when upgrading your phone if you are a long standing customer and get the mobile share value savings discount on your phone line. When I upgraded I confirmed with the sales rep. that nothing would be changing on my bill by upgrading and he said no everything will stay the same. He neglected to tell me that by upgrading and signing the new agreement I would be loosing my mobile share value savings discount so my free upgrade is going to cost me $600 in the next two years since I lost the $25 discount multiply that by 2 since both my husband and I got upgrades. So much for a free phone. Definately wont be upgrading the kids phones anytime soon.

The person at AT&T billing was very nice and gave me a one time $30 credit. If you do the math you can see why i wasn't thrilled.

Responses

loganic

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

7 years ago

Yes most people who switch the new promotions are full aware, but if for whatever reason you're not, it's certainly quite a shock.

For many people the cost savings for the plans outweigh the costs of the phones, and the extra flexibility from the Next program is nice.

Again, not for everyone, but certainly for many.

-Alex

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

My concern was I did not Change the plan everything in the plan was the
same except the newer phone model. Calling, texting, and data remained the
same
kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

7 years ago

Those data plan discounts are for phone plans that are out of contract. If you get a subsidized phone, you get a new contract and lose the discount for the length of the contract.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question