Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Deviney's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Mar 14, 2017 11:51 PM

Autopay Discount

So I signed up with Autopay, when does my discount start?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

jt212s

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Deviney,

Just to go over some eligibility requirements, the discount only applies when you use a debit card or checking account.

It also only applies to the Unlimited Choie and Plus plans, both single and multi line. $5 for single line and $10 for multi-line.

You also must be enrolled in paperless billing.

Assuming you meet all the requirements, you will see the credit within 2 billing cycles.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mynameis

Associated Member

• 

118 Messages

2 years ago

This is absolutely 100% incorrect! Your credit score has no relevance to the AP/PB discount. It’s simply based on your data plan and the requirements under that plan....simple as that. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

do i have to sign up for the discount? as i was enrolling with my debit card, it said i needed to go somewhere to sign up for the discount, but i clicked off that screen and can't find it again! i meet all the requirements.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I know I won't get a good answer. But how come not all plans have the $5 Auto pay discount?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

So disappointing that this is the reason I am not getting the discount. The advertisement I have and that I used to migrate over to the Unlimited Plus plan lists this credit as one of the incentives, and there is nothing about need to avoid using a credit card. I consider that a form of false advertising. I mean, I'm splitting hairs to get the bill down, the $10 credit was part of the equation, now a caveat not present on the advertisement deletes the credit for my account (as configured at this time.)

Yeah, I get 2% back on my CC, so that's about $7 for my monthly bill. And to tell you the truth, my CC customer service is a lot better than AT&T, so I may just keep it there. 

Too bad no one on the AT&T customer service phone or chat had this answer handy. It's taken 2 phone calls, 1 chat session and an escalation. I should have just checked here first.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I agree about the autopay discount being disappointing.  It's a total SHAM.  No one, including the reps or the fine print on the unlimited plus page, says anything about having the autopay account be a credit card or a checking account.  The only way I was able to find out was when I called to file a report.  Had I not, I would never have found out why I was getting the discount, and if I wasn't checking my bill, which I'm sure that not everyone who's on autopay does, then I would have never known that I wasn't getting the discount. Probably time for me to start looking elsewhere.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.3K Messages

3 years ago

@10year+cust0m3r

Really?   Looks like it says it right here....  "Auto pay excludes credit cards".  

IMG_6183.PNG

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Guru

• 

382 Messages

3 years ago

It looks like they are processing my Debit card as a credit card so they won't give me discount. What a scam.

Guru

• 

382 Messages

3 years ago

Got an automated text saying that I'll be getting the discount. I suppose the issue is fixed
SB20

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

3 years ago

Why can't ATT accept credit cards as a form of payment. This is really ridiculous.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.9K Messages

3 years ago

@SB20 They do accept credit cards, they just don't give you the autopay discount. The reason is simple, ATT has to pay the credit card company every time they accept a credit card payment. The whole incentive for the autopay discount is to avoid those credit card fees.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
SB20

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks.  I just checked it out on the ATT website and already setup my cc.  Still disappointed that I couldn't get a discount with autopay using cc.  But thanks for the info.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

What if I have Autopay on my Bank account set up, and I make manual payments using my CC, will I get the discount?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I was told by a chat representative the autopay discount will be determined based on my credit score, they won't even tell you what the discount amount will be. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i just had a chat with at&T just like the  many people who dont have the time to check their bills . Since im planning to upgrade my 2 lines with iphone x i decided to take a look at my bill - and there - of course still no credit - i searched on pages and pages of  my bill and there's no sign of the credit deducted on my bill - this is the 3rd time that i contacted at& t about this and now i got an answer with a very "knowledgeable" agent asking if i used a debit card or cc on auto pay.  of course, my answer is no - the 2 agents before you never said this to me .  I got into the unlimited plan and immediately enrolled in auto pay because of the credit (who doesnt want to save money?)  and never got not a single cent back.  Yes this is a scam - more people should complain about this . 

Get started...

Ask a new question