Need help understanding your bill?
S

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, February 26th, 2020 2:13 AM

Autopay cancel

Hi so I have a prepaid account that had been disconnected, and I know I can’t get it back. My question is

1. Will my autopay continue to charge me even after account disconnected, or will it automatically stop since my account is disconnected.

2. If it continues to charge me, can Att stop my autopay? I also read that I can cancel my credit card, but I do not wish to do that and hope that there’s some way for me to stop autopay.

3. Can I block future charges to my disconnected account through my bank? What are the options.

Again I hope I don’t need to cancel my credit card, can att just stop autopay for me so I don’t need to pay for an account that I have no access to?

Thanks for helping me.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

4 years ago

1. No. The only way a Prepaid account can be canceled is to stop paying. That means you would have had to stop autopay to cancel the account.

2. See #1

3. See #2

Going to infer some stuff here, so ignore this part if it doesn't apply: Prepaid accounts can only be managed online in the US. Once you leave the country, you can only manage the account by calling AT&T. If you are still being charged via Autopay, your prepaid account (by definition) has not been canceled. You need to call to stop autopay, which will close the account once you have a zero balance, or cancel the card.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Something is not making sense here. If you are still paying for your line, your account should not be disconnected. Why do you think it’s disconnected? If it’s because you are no longer in the US, your account is not disconnected, prepaid just does not roam internationally except Canada and Mexico. Autopay will continue to charge until either autopay is cancelled or the autopay source stops working.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.