Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 1:54 AM

Auto Bill payments are charged before we even see the statement. Let us choose payment date.

I do not like that Auto Bill Pay charges my credit card before I even see my statement. I cannot review the bill to make sure charges are correct.   When I called about changing the date of Auto Bill Pay, I learned it cannot be changed, and that my only option for paying later in the month is to decline Auto Bill Pay and lose the $10 credit. This is not customer friendly at all. For my Wells Fargo credit card, for example, I choose the payment date when I sign up for automatic payments and there is the option to pay exactly on the due date. Why does AT&T charge me before I even see the statement?

This is an issue because my bill amount has been different every month since I got my AT&T wireless phone in September 2018. As a DirecTV customer, I received a "free" iphone8 for switching to AT&T wireless. This actually translated into monthly credits spread over 3 years. However, these credits often don't post until after the Auto Bill Pay.  So I'm charged more 1 month, less the next month, it keeps varying.   I want a consistent bill.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39.2K Messages

a year ago

You have another option. Autopay with a debit card or bank account and you will keep the autopay discount and the autopay date will be moved back to just before the due date. Only autopay with a credit card is that early.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Thank you!  I've made this change to my account.  

Get started...

Ask a new question