AT&T's Response to Hurricane Michael
Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by Hurricane Michael and our customers who have friends and family there.
AT&T is working around the clock to help the people in the Gulf States impacted by Hurricane Michael. For the very latest information, please refer to Hurricane Michael: Response & Live Updates.
AT&T encourages customers to consider the following recommendations in the wake of the storm:
- Keep your mobile phone battery charged. Have another way to charge your phone like an extra battery, car charger or device-charging accessory.
- Keep your mobile devices dry. Keep it safe from the elements by storing it in a baggie or some other type of protective covering.
- Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.
- Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos and video clips of damage to your insurance company.
- Set up a call-forwarding service to a backup location. Set up a single or multiple hotline number(s) for employees, their families, customers and partners so they all know about the business situation and emergency plan.
- Back up data to the Cloud. Routinely back up files to an off-site location.
Things to Remember
- Text messaging. During an emergency situation, text messages may go through more quickly than voice calls.
- Be prepared for high call volume. During an emergency, the increased calling volume may create network congestion. If you can’t get a call through, hang up, wait several seconds and then try the call again.
Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at at Inclement Weather - Be Prepared.