Need help understanding your bill?
davidbk's profile
Administrator

Administrator

• 

835 Messages

Thursday, September 7th, 2017 1:35 AM

AT&T's Response to Hurricane Irma

We know that Hurricane Irma has left many of you and your families without power and dealing with a very stressful situation.  To try and ease some of the stress, we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers.   In addition, we're also providing unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers beginning Sept. 8 across all of Florida.   If you live in Georgia, as of Sept. 12, we are also providing unlimited data, talk, and text in impacted Georgia counties and continuing through Sept. 17 for all impacted customers. We are also extending payment dates for impacted AT&T PREPAID customers with voice and text service through Sept. 17

Customers in these areas may still receive data alert notifications during these protected dates, but billing will reflect the correct data charges.

In addition, from Sept. 6 through Sept. 15 we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers and unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Impacted video and home internet customers can visit our support page for information or to report service outages.

Additional information on what we are doing to help those impacted by Hurricane Irma can be found at: Hurricane Irma Response & Live Updates

AT&T encourages customers to consider the following recommendations in the wake of the storm:

• Keep your mobile phone battery charged. Have another way to charge your phone like an extra battery, car charger or device-charging accessory.
  • Keep your mobile devices dry.  Keep it safe from the elements by storing it in a baggie or some other type of protective covering.
  • Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.
  • Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos and video clips of damage to your insurance company.

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

835 Messages

7 years ago

For the very latest Hurricane Irma Response and Live Updates, please visit: http://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/hurricane_irma

Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by Hurricane Irma and our customers who have friends and family there.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

How can I get increased data on a mobile share advantage plan....I normally do not go over however I've used more recently with the hurricane approaching and now my speed is so slow that I can no longer pull any kind of data up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

dont get me wrong i appreciate the fact that you have given extra time and data to hurricane effected customers, but the real problem here is that some customers need more help that just 7 days of extra data.  Some of the people with Harvey have been out of work for weeks and are going to need help paying bills and it is going to be food or bills or a place to live,  there is no choice there and then they have no phone so cannot get intouch with employers to find out when they can actually go back to work.  My daughter in Texas her and her husband have been out of work for the past 3 weeks, with 5 girls and no money coming in, thus i just paid her phone bill for her so she can keep service, now I am in the middle of Florida waiting for this lovely lady Irma to hit us, could not afford to evacuate lol came here to escape Harvey, lol and now having paid both my bill and her's would really have been a big help if there would have been someway that this month's bill could have been spread out over maybe the next two months to give people a chance to breath with out worrying about phone bill when you are not even sure you are going to have a home to live in.    Do want to thank you however for keeping service up and running.  Sorry just a little frustrated and needed to vent

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What about Georgia??? We live 1 mike from the state line on the coast. We are under mandatory evacuation and will get hit harder than some inland customer service in northern Florida. You should be able to see my address. Check it out on a map. We have been long time customers of AT&T having 4 smart phones and 3 cellular tablets as well as DIRECT TV. I hope we aren’t going to be let down.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I think Florida should get services till the end of the month because you don't know how long they are going to be with out power and without anything for that matter. I'm a valued customer with AT&T for many years. I have a family member that lives in Florida and I don't know if he is okay or if he even found shelter. No one has heard from him. Please let them have services till the end of the month. Thank you Renee Klingler

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

So this is your response to my question? That doesn't make any sense.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What about Georgia??? We live 1 mile from the state line on the coast. We are under mandatory evacuation and will get hit harder than some inland customer service in northern Florida. You should be able to see my address. Check it out on a map. We have been long time customers of AT&T having 4 smart phones and 3 cellular tablets as well as DIRECT TV. I hope we aren’t going to be let down.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I would like to know when we can even get signal here in SW Florida? I haven't been able to use my services since 1am last night. I need to know. I want to call family to know if they are okay but I can't

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks David,

Any idea when we will have service back in the Tampa Area. I am in a Special Needs Shelter in Clearwater, FL and have been without service all day. I have the Home wireless internet and homephone 50 Gig Service. I get DirectVnow when I login using the internet at the school, but have no phone service or internet.

Amelly

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

All,

We are very sorry for the challenges and frustrations that Hurricane Irma has caused for our customers. While AT&T is working diligently to help impacted customers affected by Hurricane Irma, we do not have any information about specific areas’ restoral times. When new information is available it will be posted at: Hurricane Irma Response & Live Updates.

AT&T Community Team

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.