AT&T won't let me out of my contract on a returned IPhone 6 within the 14 day "cooling off" period
- I had an upgrade coming up with AT&T, so I purchased my IPhone 6 from the Apple store, they took care of setting up the new contract with AT&T right in the store...
- After having the phone for 4 days, I returned the phone to the store and got out of my contract with AT&T (so they said).
- I went into the AT&T store, they gave me a sim card for my old IPhone and I walked out of the store happy.
- Fast forward….Even though it shows on my AT&T bill that I have a IPhone 4s, I am still being charged monthly for the 6 that I returned, and still locked into the contract.
- I called AT&T 3 times now about the problem, they told me I had to talk to Apple about it, because it was the Apple store's responsibility to notify AT&T that the phone had been returned.
- When I went to the Apple store, they told me that they took care of everything on their end and printed the receipt along with the return receipt which also referenced my cell number.
- I called AT&T and told them I had documentation that the phone was returned, serial number, IMEI, etc. they told me there was nothing they could do to help me and that I can't get out of my contract until Apple contacts them.
- Back to the Apple store I go today.
I feel like a little kid in the middle of 2 bully's being pushed back and forth, no one wanting to take responsibility or help me...
14 years a loyal AT&T customer, that doesn't matter to you AT&T, when I told you that T-Moble is buying out contracts...The woman told me, that they would want my IPhone 6 and not the 4s that shows up on my account! I'm sure this post won't do anything to help my situation and after hours working on this plus all the driving around, I'm exhausted! But I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!
What next? What do I do?