Help for account, billing & more
danjhoAK's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, May 10, 2017 4:58 PM

AT&T won't give me the $650 iPhone trade in credit that they promised

Sometime in October 2016, I traded-in my fully paid iPhone 6S Plus to the AT&T Abbott Branch in Anchorage, AK after purchasing my iPhone 7 Plus under AT&T Next at Apple. I learned about the $650 trade-in promo so I went to the Abbott Branch and traded-in iPhone 6S Plus. I clearly stated to the AT&T personnel that I purchased my iPhone 7 Plus at Apple and it's under AT&T Next. She accepted my trade-in without issues. Fast forward after 7 months, I happened to check my billing statements and learned that I was never credited back after all. I went to the store and told them my problem. They were able to find my trade-in transaction, but was never able to resolve it, and they needed to call Customer Care for help. They said it caused some issue because I didn't purchase my iPhone 7 Plus at AT&T. After multiple calls to the store and customer care, and multiple visits at the store, they have decided to issue me a $272 credit instead. If they could have told me that I can't trade-in my iPhone 6S Plus without purchasing an iPhone 7 Plus at their store or online, I could have took my phone elsewhere. AT&T KEPT MY IPHONE 6S PLUS FOR 7 MONTHS FOR THEIR OWN GOOD! It's surprising that when I searched on your forums, other people are having the same issue as well. I am empty handed and I felt like I'm scammed. This is beyond unacceptable AT&T!

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

5 y ago

The offer was picky, as most are.  Since you didn't buy through ATT I'm not surprised they didn't honor the credits.

IMG_5699.PNG

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

The issue is - they accepted my trade-in, regardless of terms and conditions. Is there any way I could contact a regional manager? Or else BBB is my last resort. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.4K Messages

5 y ago

Of course they accepted your trade in. ATT has a trade in program whether you are taking part in a promotion or not. 

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@danjhoAK What date did you purchase (order) the iPhone 7?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

@Gary L Pre-ordered it on September 10 and delivered on September 21.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

@ATTMobilityCare @ATTCares help?

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

5 y ago

You can try @ATTMobilityCare.   They might tell you the purchase needed to be in an ATT store or ATT.com.  

The trade in of $272 is the going rate for your device through the trade in program.  

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@danjhoAK wrote:

Pre-ordered it on September 10 and delivered on September 21.

As long as you traded it in during early October, that's important, 30 days from when you got it (or when it shipped?) was the rule.

I  really really thought there were people who got the credits from Best Buy on this offer, you'd have to did through some threads back in October. People started reporting getting credits in late October. 

Don't quote me, go dig 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

@Gary L, thanks for the tip, but I was not able to find any thread that you mentioned back in October. I sent @ATTMobilityCare and @attcares a private message, but they have not responded yet. Do I have any other option to get this issue escalated?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I'm having the exact same problem.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.