Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mr.mello's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, December 10th, 2015 12:35 AM

AT&T unlimited data taking from customers

To all the loyal customers who stand by AT&T,be prepare to have your grandfather unlimited data plan taking away from you. It'll first start with an email,mailed letter then with a final text. Such a nice way to treat all the loyal customers to AT&T

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

9 years ago

I can say for the utmost certainy that the unlimited data plan is not going away. Maybe increasing the price by 5 dollars and that is a steal considering this is the first increase in 6 or 7 years. Plus they increased the throttling to 22 GB rather than 5GB on LTE, I'd say that is a great compromise for the loyal at&t customers.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Obviously you have no idea what is going to happen sir,I personally have ties to the corporation. And they will be taking away the grandfather plan completely. As to many customers use more then 16 gigs a day. As I use 20 my self. You'll be remembering me when you get the info in the next couple weeks

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

9 years ago

I actually work for a vendor site, I am not at&t but I have access to the systems, so I do know what I am talking about.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

@Mr.mello wrote:
Obviously you have no idea what is going to happen sir,I personally have ties to the corporation. And they will be taking away the grandfather plan completely. As to many customers use more then 16 gigs a day. As I use 20 my self. You'll be remembering me when you get the info in the next couple weeks

If you are using 600 GB a month, then it was only a matter of time. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

You only have acces,I've seen the actual statement from the top hand of AT&T. I'm not here to argue with you at all. Just giving everywhere a heads up

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

If it's stated in black and white unlimited doesn't matter how much data you use. That's what's wrong with this world,they don't stand by their word. They realize they screwed up,so now we have to suffer

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

9 years ago

It is not permitted for me to copy and post articles from the private ATT forums, but I can share that ATT has no intention of EVER taking away the unlimited data plans.

Since T-mobile's unlimited plan was $80 and Verizon raised the price on their unlimited data to $50, I think $5 is the first increase with more to come.  

Supposedly the increase is meant to charge customers a rate close to median use.  That implies Verizon customers are using a lot more than ATT customers.

ATT is also taking away the 2 year contract option from all customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

9 years ago

@Mr.mello

While you may be abusing the unlimited data (and can someone dig out the "Fair use " policy) the bulk of unlimited data users are using a modest amount of data.   

If you are using 20 GBS a day, I'm surprised they haven't targeted you before now and accused you of tethering and cut you off.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

The actions of AT&T over the last couple of years indicate that they are attempting to find ways to convince us to surrender the plans that THEY offered.  This latest increase is nothing more than extortion.  Since they never PROVIDED unlimited data, then it cannot cost them any more to provide what they DO NOT PROVIDE.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Unlimited data means no overages....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.