For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ATTCommunityTeam's profile

• 

1.3K Messages

Monday, June 12th, 2017 6:02 PM

Closed

AT&T Unlimited Data Plans: Whole Lotta' Data Going On! Knowledge Sharing: 6/28/17 (1-4pm ET)

DataBanner.jpg

In a fast-paced, always on-the-go world, staying connected has never been so important. We understand this and are working to give you the freedom to adapt your connectivity needs to match your lifestyle.

The community has spoken, and asked us to assemble a panel of experts to guide you through our several Unlimited Data Plans and help answer any questions you may have on our latest Knowledge Sharing Session - AT&T Unlimited Data Plans: Whole Lotta' Data Going On!

On June 28th, starting at 1PM ET, our panel of experts and Community ACEs will be live on this thread to respond to your posts and break down the nuances of our offers. From Unlimited Plus, Unlimited Choice, GoPhone Unlimited to all the Entertainment savings on DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW.

Not a part of our community? Be sure to be registered to be able to post your questions during the event. Becoming a member takes seconds, and you'll be the coolest kid on the block, the talk of the town, the bees knees. Also, we'll be like BFFs forever 😉

We hope to see you soon!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Asik405 You don't have to download recorded shows. In my case, I don't even have a genie so that option does not even exist but when I go to "Watch on iphone/ipad" and go to Playlist, I get a list of all recorded shows that are also available on demand. True, I have to refresh the playlist before travelling but with that, I can watch "recorded" shows via on demand. Couple that with data free TV, I regularly watch one of my "recorded" shows from my ipad while travelling.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Yep, @Gary L, it's a no-brainer, but if you're NOT an AT&T DirectTV customer (not available in my area, even if I wanted to switch), it's REALLY tricky to get the account set up, to play from another device, as I did for our Roku.

It's pretty easy to get it playing on a mobile device, but a multimedia player, not-so-much. 

It's possible they've fixed things since I did my setup, maybe.  It is cool to have though, at a little "bonus", once you get it working, we've watched a couple of movies that we would've rented/streamed instead, so definitely a value-add.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I would like to know why I was told that we could upgrade to the plus plan and receive a small military discount. So I call and speak to someone and they tell me I must actually go in to a store. So I go to the ATT desk at Costco and I am told an Actual ATT store. So I go to one of those and the guy whispers to me that some people will do it and some won't. So I try another store and they too say no. Following that, I message you all and I am told you will look into it and now 23 HOURS Later nobody has responded. ANY REASONABLE EXPLANATION TO TREAT A LIFETIME CUSTOMER WHO HAS A WIFE WHO IS A SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHER, A SON WHO IS OFF IN THE ARMY, HAVE HAD DIRECTV, UVERSE INTERNET, AND 4 LINES THIS WAY???

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

What would be the major difference between the unlimited plus and unlimited basic for the user who uses more than 22 gb in congested network area. (not where hotspot is available). Because basic has 3 mb speed restriction, would be inferior to AT&T MVNOs who has unlimited data, or AT&T prepaid unlimited data?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lbeste wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether to keep my grandfathered unlimited plan or switch to 1) Unlimited Choice or 2) Unlimited Plus.  What's the difference between all three plans?

If you look at my post here I posted a bulleted list.

(I didn't compare CHOICE because it's SUPER slow in my opinion).

Employee

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

@bluegarvis @MyAntennaIsVeryLong -- Thank you for sending in your concerns. Sorry for the inconvenience with verifying your wireless numbers. The HBO included offer is available to AT&T Unlimited Plus customers with TV service (DIRECTV NOW) and enrollment is completed online. If you have double-checked your account plan and the associated wireless unmber, and are still experiencing issues enrolling, please private message me your account details (account email, phone number) so that I can have someone research and we can reach back out to your for a resolution.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@JDADJDandJD By "actual ATT store", was it an ATT corporate store or authorized retailer? I'm pretty sure it has to be a corporate store to get the discount. I got my military discount applied no problem by going to a corporate store and showing my retired military ID.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

That may be the difference, you don't have the Geni DVR.  With the Geni DVR you have to register your device while you are connected to the same wifi network.  I have done this.  I am not at home right now and I open the app.  Click the Watch DVR button.  Click the On DVR tab.  Loading playlist just spins and spins and there is a message "Can't connect to DVR. Tap here to try again."  Tapping does nothing.  

The only way to see shows on my DVR is to download them while at home.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lbeste wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether to keep my grandfathered unlimited plan or switch to 1) Unlimited Choice or 2) Unlimited Plus.  What's the difference between all three plans?

@lbesteYou're far better off with the new Unlimited Plan, in almost all cases.

I had already let mine go, and was on Mobile Share Value, but even if I had been on my grandfathered plan (and I had a pretty good FAN discount too, with that one), I would've moved.

The new plan has tethering (the main reason I left the old one anyway), of 10GB/number, and a few other bonuses.

I don't think of the de-prioritization as an issue really, in most cases, but the old plan had this too, it just wasn't as obvious.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Asik405 wrote:

Great.  When I switched to the unlimited plan I also added Directv.  I was told many times by many different people, even my installer, that I would be able to watch any show that I had recorded on my DVR through the Directv app at any time.  Well as you probably know that is not true.  The only way I can watch a show from my DVR on the app is to download the recording to my phone while I am in my house connected to my wifi network.  This option is useless while traveling.  I understand that this service was offered previously but was discontinued when ATT purchased DIrectv and changed the app.  Any word on when this service will be provided as promised?

That's disappointing.  Whenever people say "any" or "all" or "every", I've got to add some doubt to what they say because there is generally an exception (or a lot of exceptions).  

(I really wanted to say "always" an exception, but that would automatically cause doubt).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.