Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Jul 21, 2014 8:42 PM

AT&T took an authorzed pmt of $735 out of my acct after I canceled my EFT.

I did not agree with the line cancelation fee I was being charged with At&t wireless.

I called and requested that my eft for this month only be canceled, then asked to speak to a manager in regards to waiving my line cancelation fee or at least set a payment plan up for the amount. I spoke to 5 customer service reps and spent 1hr & 5 min on the phone and was hung up on.........2 days later the full amount for the line cancelation plus my regular phone bill were taken from my account AFTER I requested that my eft be canceled. I went into the store and spoke to a manager after calling customer service and being put on hold for 35min . The manager at the store said he could see in the notes that my EFT should have been canceled. He called customer care for me from the store and they claim to have no way to refund the money to my account at all. Every phone rep I spoke to that I spoke to put me on hold for long periods of time, then just transferred me to someone else.

*i assume the person in the cubicle beside them* I never actually spoke to am manager on the phone.

AT&T took unauthorized funds from my account and no one at AT&T seems to be willing to do anything about this.

I've been a loyal customer for over 6 years and have been late exactly 3 times.

I'm disgusted with AT&T and will be canceling the rest of my lines including the lines I have at my business because of this situation.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

6 years ago

Did you port your number out to another carrier? Or cancel your service?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

yes. i ported one line, but that has nothing to do with the situation at
hand.Pls see your company notes *a store manager confirmed seeing these*
I called last saturday. I first canceled my eft, then gave permission for
at&t to pull out only the past due amount of apx $190. Then i was
transferred several times requesting to make a payment plan for the line
cancelation fee. after being on the phone for 1hr & 5 min your rep. hung up
on me.

monday apx $735 from at&t cleared my acct which i did not authorize.
If you have any kind of call recording pls refer to that and you hear that
i canceled my EFT.
I called into your company twice yesterday trying to resolve this. i was
told the transaction would be reversed..... then shortly after was told
that was impossible. *the at&t store manager can confirm that as well*
your company stole money from my bank account.
i've filed complaints with consumer affairs and posted this to several
online social media sites including google reviews. i will continue to do
this until someone resolves this issue.

* ps. i have been with at&t for over 6yrs and been late only a handful of
times.
I'm also a community director for an apartment community in Brandon fl that
uses At&t for our wireless phones. I plan on canceling my 3lines and my
company lines if this is not resolved.
I've invested hours trying to rectify this problem. I've not been rude
or verbally abusive to the customer service reps and still I've been hung
up on 3 times.
I assume this is protocol when a rep from your company doesn't want to
assist customers. It's a pity that a company with such poor customer
service should be able to survive todays competitive market.

Please reverse that unauthorized debit from my account. It's the only only
solution to this problem.
ujmnz

Guru

• 

294 Messages

6 years ago

If they took a payment for more than what they were supposed to, have you tried disputing the charge with your bank? They may be able to help you out faster.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The error was at&t's not mine.
Unauthorized funds were taken from my bank account by YOUR company. AT&T is responsible for putting this money back into my bank account.
My bank can not guarantee i get the funds back if i did dispute the charges.
Please correct this for me.
Melissa [Edited for privacy.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

They have the worst phone reps ever!! I spent 4 hours in store to set up a my account and had an issue with how much there charging me and the supervisor told me to pay the term fees and I could take my business else where. I definitely feel your pain!! Don't let them swindle you!
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.1K Messages

6 years ago

@melis.1025 wrote:

The error was at&t's not mine.
Unauthorized funds were taken from my bank account by YOUR company. AT&T is responsible for putting this money back into my bank account.
My bank can not guarantee i get the funds back if i did dispute the charges.
Please correct this for me.
Melissa [Edited for privacy.]

Is it possible you didn't give them enough time to stop the EFT before the payment date?

As ujmnz said, contacting your bank might be your best bet. 

You can also try sending a private message to AT&T customer care using the link below. They're often able to help when the reps on the phone are not.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

you must work for or with AT&T.
I was told the EFT was canceled. Other rep's from AT&T EVEN CONFIRMED THAT.
This is not my error. unauthorized funds were taken from my bank account it
is 100% their responsibility to put this money back into my account.
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.1K Messages

6 years ago

@melis.1025 wrote:
you must work for or with AT&T.
I was told the EFT was canceled. Other rep's from AT&T EVEN CONFIRMED THAT.
This is not my error. unauthorized funds were taken from my bank account it
is 100% their responsibility to put this money back into my account.

I'm just trying to help you get the issue solved. Sometimes, cancelling an autopay takes to a few days to "flow" through the system. That's why I asked...if the draft was cancelled without enough time, it still would have been made. 

Let's be honest, since you owed the money, AT&T isn't going to be eager to refund it to you. That's why we've suggested contacting your bank; they might have more incentive to assist you.

Of course, you can also try sending the private message I suggested before, too. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

6 years ago

Well, If you ported out a line under contract, you were obligated to pay up. You did authorize the payment, you just changed your mind afterwards. Not their fault.

I'm not saying they don't owe you money.

Charges post immediately. they could not stop the charge from going through once initiated. Once AT&T put a charge through, they should issue a credit to reverse it. to void the transaction, it has to be done before they hit the "submit" button

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem with an ongoing monthly draft. I made a one-time approval on an AT&T payment with my debit card, but AT&T has since used it for an invalid draft. 

I have subscribed to Direct TV for years, and been very happy, but my guess is that AT&T will likely take them down to their level. I tried repeatedly for about two years to get my Direct TV and AT&T internet linked into one account, but it never seemed to get done no matter how many calls I made (and was assured it was done). After a move to another house, I let the very nice Direct TV representative talk me into trying AT&T internet one more time (linked with Direct TV). I should have known better. The link did not happen, nor the reducted AT&T internet price I was promised, nor the free installation. Now AT&T is trying to charge me for all of that. 

I was stupid. Fool me once....fool me twice....and I fell for it a third time. I should have stuck with my plan to keep Direct TV and use Cox for my internet. 

Get started...

Ask a new question