For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
snehalvh's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, January 26th, 2018 6:58 PM

AT&T scam on BOGO offer

I have wireless postpaid account with ATT. on 1st april 2017 I order 2 Galaxy S8 under buy one get one free offer. it was preorder and placed thru chat with customer care. I have all the chat transcript and order emails to confirm it was purchased as BOGO office but I am not getting installment credit for 2nd phone.. spend lot of time with customer care, I opened case [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] but they decline to link them as BOGO without any justification.

I am with ATT since 8 years and felt frustrated they doing such scam with honest customers.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

All of the buy one get one free offers requires a new life service for the free, or discounted phone.   Since your indicator of current customer you may not have added the required line. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@snehalvh wrote:

I have wireless postpaid account with ATT. on 1st april 2017 I order 2 Galaxy S8 under buy one get one free offer. it was preorder and placed thru chat with customer care. I have all the chat transcript and order emails to confirm it was purchased as BOGO office but I am not getting installment credit for 2nd phone.. spend lot of time with customer care, I opened case [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]but they decline to link them as BOGO without any justification.

I am with ATT since 8 years and felt frustrated they doing such scam with honest customers.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

@snehalvh

you mean your thinking of arbitration.....  Does anyone read the customer agreement?

Please see 2.2 in this link  https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#disputeResolutionByBindingArb

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I did add a new line for my BOGO phone..

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

no thats not correct. I did add a new line for my BOGO offer.

I would surprise if you don't you see in my account ? any other excuse ?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for sharing,[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

1.  We can’t see your account.  This is a community forum (like the big letters say). 

2.  If your lawyer is at all honest he will send you away.  You cannot sue your carrier.  

The bundled BOGO started on 4/2.  https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1232016

Im sure there was a straight BOGO for 2 days if You preordered the S8.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

The bottom line regardless of reading the terms of agreement or understanding what is being said or laid out, this is very bad business and most of the items in the terms of agreement are HUGE players in the overall deal and should be stated at the time of sale. Most people are signing these agreements under some form of subliminal pressure and or duress. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

I purchased my bogo offers the end of Sept..Signed the contract, changed two lines in Oct..Wondered for 4 months why I was getting charged for the free phones, had my case escalated three times (because the ATT&T personnel on the phone could not understand why i was not receiving the offer) and after 5 hours, 3 escalation team submitals and 50 excuses, I am told in the terms of agreement, the customer cannot be late in the first 90 days of the contract or it is void. So awesome fine, I failed to read the terms of agreement. Riddle me this. If your own escalation team members could not find why I was not receiving the offer (well they did after two months of research), how would you expect a typical user lever customer to be able to take in the 4,000 words on the terms of agreement. MOST terms of agreement with a powerhouse company like ATT&T are not backed up by deceitful "fine print" line items. 

What all of you "ATT&T" employees need to do is up channel this information to whom it may concern. While it may be the inability of the masses to read the terms of agreement properly, it is still an issue that needs to be looked at from ATT&T. This is a growing problem. In the local stores alone around the area I live there are at least 10 active cases in EACH store regarding the BOGO offers. Is this how ATT&T is doing business now? Let's get their money on a breech of agreement? Come on. We can learn how to read but you can do better ATT&T. Horrible.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@cabreezy123

It does not matter what the reason for the suit. You are limited to arbitration or small claims. 

FYI, no one on the thread is employed in any way by ATT.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

That is besides the point. Nothing is fully binding when it is in masses. That is a failure at the delivery level as well. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. Please though, focus on getting the IMPORTANT points of the BOGO offer delivered at the front end of a sale. Thank you. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@cabreezy123 wrote:

I purchased my bogo offers the end of Sept..Signed the contract, changed two lines in Oct..Wondered for 4 months why I was getting charged for the free phones, had my case escalated three times (because the ATT&T personnel on the phone could not understand why i was not receiving the offer) and after 5 hours, 3 escalation team submitals and 50 excuses, I am told in the terms of agreement, the customer cannot be late in the first 90 days of the contract or it is void. So awesome fine, I failed to read the terms of agreement. Riddle me this. If your own escalation team members could not find why I was not receiving the offer (well they did after two months of research), how would you expect a typical user lever customer to be able to take in the 4,000 words on the terms of agreement. MOST terms of agreement with a powerhouse company like ATT&T are not backed up by deceitful "fine print" line items. 

Whether or not the information was easy to find (for you or employees) is kind of beside the point when you paid late, isn't it? Everyone has to pay by the due date; that fact isn't "hidden" in the fine print, and you still didn't do it. Doesn't seem like you have a leg to stand on in getting anything changed, either with your account or in the terms and conditions AT&T uses. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.