Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jun 10, 2015 6:52 PM

ATT Next Payoff

Hello, 

I've been struggling to get my phone unlocked for 3 weeks now and I've exhausted every avenue and it is really frustrating. I made a payment towards my phone to pay it off completely about 3 weeks ago. However, it turns out this payment was posted directly to my account as credit rather than the phone itself even though when I made the payment, it confirmed that it was indeed for the phone itself. 

Now that part isn't too big of a deal I guess but I have talked to 5-6 different ATT agents throguh the online chat who have all failed to help me in any sort of meaningful way. I Called billing and they explained to me that because of certain circumstances with combined billing it did not allow me to payoff the phone. I talked to a guy and he promised me he had provided all the information to the next department and he would get it sorted out in 2 days and give me a call etc. Nothing happened.

So, I went to the ATT store and the people there knew less about my problem than anyone else and told me to wait a month. Now I understand that in any complex system, problems end up arising but I really don't think its fair for me to wait almost 2 months to unlock my phone. If that it indeed the case, I'd prefer a straight answer rather than some white lie about having my problem fixed.

Thanks.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

5 years ago

And another combined billing problem....

This is not the first combined billing problem, but it's a new one.
You have to un- combine the billing in order to get anything done with Next ( apparently. ). You can't upgrade to a new Next installment, not you can't pay off an old one either.
Dumb.
And a serious and unbelievable flaw in the computer system. Dumb.

Un combine the bills, and keep them that way.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

5 years ago

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there! @nrehman thanks for posting your concerns. I’m sorry to hear you are having problems getting your Next phone paid off.

So we can further assist you, please private message me by clicking here and provide the following information:

Your first and last name

Your account or phone number

The IMEI number for the phone

The date the payment was made

Thanks!

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having a similar issue. I ported my number to another carrier, and that closed my account. I now need to get back in to payoff my ATT Next plan, so that I can unlock my phone. I called customer service and they tell me that I have to wait for a paper bill to be mailed to me!?!?! That is insane.

How can I payoff my ATT Next balance, and everything associated with my old (and now closed) account?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

4 years ago

The final bill is produced on the usual bill date and then it would take a few days to arrive in the mail.  

You'd could have paid off your installments BEFORE leaving ATT, unlocked your phone, and then ported out.  

Get started...

Ask a new question