Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Dec 21, 2015 6:44 PM

AT&T new policies

I have been a customer with AT&T for 20 years my bills have been in the upwards of $700 plus a month due to a data issue which last month a gentleman and customer relations finally found the problem and got fixed I have paid over $12,000 to AT&T in the last year and due to health and other issues I have always made payment arrangements to pay my bill every month which I have always paid on the date picked and in full so I just paid a payment yesterday and I also called yesterday to make my new payment arrangement as my bill has gone down and I'm finally at the catchup stage I was told by very rude representative name Jamie Stevens that AT&T no longer can make payment arrangements that you have to do it on your app on your phone so I went on the app and it would only let me do it until the ninth I get one check a month and I pay my bills on the 18th or 20th of every month however due to the new policies last month AT&T switched my bill date so now it's due 10 days earlier and now I've been told after talking to three different people today that AT&T is now run by a calendar which is the same thing on theapp on the phone it cannot be done by a human and AT&T representatives managers supervisors cannot do anything anymore they told me that AT&T is now strictly run by computerized programs so I could not make the payment arrangement that I need to they had no compassion or anything like that to help a customer who is been a valued loyal customer and has gone through many bumps in the road with them they would not transfer me to the legal department they told me they did not have a legal department which they do have a legal department they would not transfer me to the customer relations department to try and get help from them so basically they've been trained as a soldier to state that this is how it has to be reminds me a lot of watching the Santa Claus movie at this time of year as Santa Claus is soldier is doing everything so now I come to the point do I stay with AT&T do I go with the carrier that well I can get unlimited data and pay a whole lot less for my five lines and what I pay now so I just wanted some feedback from other people to see what they're experiencing so to sum all those long story up in one month my payment date which I was not notified of got switched 10 days earlier I now cannot make payment arrangements and for the first time in 20 years my bill was due on the 19th of this month I got A suspension notice by email this morning thank you for your time Merry Christmas

Responses

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

5 years ago

@Bailey51 wrote:
I have been a customer with AT&T for 20 years my bills have been in the upwards of $700 plus a month due to a data issue which last month a gentleman and customer relations finally found the problem and got fixed I have paid over $12,000 to AT&T in the last year and due to health and other issues I have always made payment arrangements to pay my bill every month which I have always paid on the date picked and in full so I just paid a payment yesterday and I also called yesterday to make my new payment arrangement as my bill has gone down and I'm finally at the catchup stage I was told by very rude representative name Jamie Stevens that AT&T no longer can make payment arrangements that you have to do it on your app on your phone so I went on the app and it would only let me do it until the ninth I get one check a month and I pay my bills on the 18th or 20th of every month however due to the new policies last month AT&T switched my bill date so now it's due 10 days earlier and now I've been told after talking to three different people today that AT&T is now run by a calendar which is the same thing on theapp on the phone it cannot be done by a human and AT&T representatives managers supervisors cannot do anything anymore they told me that AT&T is now strictly run by computerized programs so I could not make the payment arrangement that I need to they had no compassion or anything like that to help a customer who is been a valued loyal customer and has gone through many bumps in the road with them they would not transfer me to the legal department they told me they did not have a legal department which they do have a legal department they would not transfer me to the customer relations department to try and get help from them so basically they've been trained as a soldier to state that this is how it has to be reminds me a lot of watching the Santa Claus movie at this time of year as Santa Claus is soldier is doing everything so now I come to the point do I stay with AT&T do I go with the carrier that well I can get unlimited data and pay a whole lot less for my five lines and what I pay now so I just wanted some feedback from other people to see what they're experiencing so to sum all those long story up in one month my payment date which I was not notified of got switched 10 days earlier I now cannot make payment arrangements and for the first time in 20 years my bill was due on the 19th of this month I got A suspension notice by email this morning thank you for your time Merry Christmas

Wow...that was a challenge to read! Why did you use ampersands and dollar signs, but not a period or any other punctuation?

It's possible that the extension you're requesting just is not possible, especially since you haven't paid timely in a while. Send a message to @ATTMobilityCare with your account info, and anything possible will be done. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
zz80zz

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

Payment arrangements are a courtesy extended by AT&T to assist when a few more days are needed to make the monthly payment. As we migrate to a digital world, so have many functions of AT&T, one of which is the ability to set your own arrangements through the MyAT&T app and www.att.com. The maximum extension date is now the same across all systems.

Arrangement dates may fluctuate month to month, and are based on numerous factors such as payment history, tenure, kept/modified/unkept previous arrangements etc. Most folks dont think of a cell phone as a "utility" payment, but without it most folks would be completely disconnected from society. Try calling the power company and asking for an extension...Ive done it, and its not pretty.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.6K Messages

5 years ago

You have 5 lines and pay $700 a month?  While I would lean toward sympathy, I have 6 phones and 2 tablets and pay under $300 with taxes.  If I Were paying for 5 new phones it would double that, and come pretty close to that.  

I call that living beyond ones means.   

My sons have to pay their own portion of the bill.  My mom pays in $20 to cover her line and taxes.

Everyone on my plan can get a new phone anytime, if they buy it at full retail and move their SIM card.  I am a single mom on a limited income, I cannot afford to spend more on my cell bill than I do already.

I bet three on your cell bill have no idea what a burden the cell bill is.  They never will unless it becomes their burden too.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question