Need help understanding your bill?
Michaelmme's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 4th, 2018 9:06 PM

At&t lies, gets caught in lie... then doesn't care!

I have a post pay account (now) and had a s8 prepay account before. I had my s8 prepay for a month before the note 8 (which my wife had to have) came out... we ordered hers and while I was chatting to the rep, he offered to setup a b ogo with my PREPAID ATT account.. I said I'll have to think about it due to it being a business line. The next day I wanted to just combine the bills (have the transcript) and put my number on her account to lower the cost (45 prepay or 20 add a line) and was told I should get the bogo promotion. I verified with this Jessica lady that it would be accepted and we proceeded... I even asked her a Second time to verify it... she said the typical wait 2-3 billing cycles for the phone to be paid off. Well 4 cycles later im still paying for the phone. Call at&t (talked to 20 individual people including a very pissy woman in customer loyalty) that told me to get bent... it wasn't their fault their rep lied and I had her say yes to that comment twice... about the deal. Well little to say I googled it and see this is fairly common practice for a sales rep to say whatever is needed to pin a new customer... even bold face lie... can't even get so much a mercy credit for the 50 hours i sat on hold and or waiting for them to come up with bull excuses... I'll never EVER purchase a new phone from att... and possibly looking at leaving along with the 340 bucks a month it cost to keep this rubbish service.

Here is the important part... crooked!

Me  :   Ok so do i need to cancel my current order for my sim?

Jessica  :   Just to confirm, will you get a new line with the Note 8 ?

Me  :   I wwnt to port in my number from att prepaid to my wifes postpaid account

Me  :   If i can get a note 8 bogo with that, yes ill do the bogo

Jessica  :   Sure !

Jessica  :   Please, let me check how to do that.

Me  :   Sure. Id assume it would be the same thing, get the device then port over the number

Jessica  :   Sure !

Jessica  :   Just to confirm, at what time did you upgrade your wifes phone?

Me  :   10pm central time

Jessica  :   We are still on time

Jessica  :   Let's purchase the Note 8

Jessica  :   And then, let's cancel the Sim Card order

Reference Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
DATE/TIME:   2017-09-03 18:58:53
Your chat transcript:
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE - All replies are automatically deleted.

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I know you believe you were purposely lied to and maybe you were but it is possible that rep had no idea that "porting" a line from prepaid to postpaid did not qualify for the BOGO. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

For future reference all of these BOGO sales, from all carriers, require you add a new line

Of service to that carrier.    A port from pre-paid or MVNO’s do not count.  So Cricket, H2O, tracfone, straight talk are all MVNO of ATT an ineligible for BOGO. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I get thqt.. but I had 3 tell me I could. What good is a sales rep if you
have to check back on them? Not their money

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Michaelmme wrote:
I get thqt.. but I had 3 tell me I could. What good is a sales rep if you
have to check back on them? Not their money

Yes, it's your money!  But they make commission on getting you to buy things.

For future reference, the details of these offers (requirements, date range, new lines, TV service requirement, etc.) are posted on-line and you can read the details yourself (or you can ask about them here if you can't find them).

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Michaelmme

Because sales people with a quota to meet never lie right?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.