Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Mar 13, 2017 8:10 PM

AT&T is robbing us!!!!

We cancelled our service in January 2017. We recently recieved a bill for $170 in March 2017.

We called At&T several (4-5) times to ask about the bill. Nobody could figure it out or had any record of the account (since it had been cancelled). We were passed from dept. to dept. and the calls were often dropped with no return call. We called again on 3/13 and someone was able to determine that there was still an ipad connected on the account. We said that was clearly a mistake because we cancelled all the service and when we called regarding the bill, we were told we dont have an account with ATT which is why they couldnt figure out the details for the bills we were receiving. We asked to be reimbursed and were declined saying they could only refund $25. when we asked why the bill was over $170 when the iPad was typically $20 a month she said we were being charged an early termination fee. We pointed out that they were charging us a termination fee AND a service fee. We are very confused and frustrated. We feel like this is a scam and you're stealing from us. We've been customers for over 10 years. We have our internet with you (which we may cancel now given this situation). 

After Roma in loyalty refused to help us and was extremely rude to us she transfered us to billing saying that they could handle the charges. Mario was our representative. It took him 1 hour to find the charges saying that we dont owe anything. This was even more confusing bc Roma was very adament and went over the line items for the bill. after 1 hour of talking with Mario, he was able to find the charges but said he didnt have the authority to help with any of the reimbursement. What??? Why were we transfered to him in the first place! We sat on the line with this guy for 1.5 hour and he was not able to do anything about it. What is going on over there? Who is running your customer service departments? We spoke Mario in billing! This is the worst customer service i've ever seen. I'm reporting you to JDPA and BBB. Can someone please help us?? 

We cancelled the service, got charged a termination fee, but are still being charged. This is a crime! 

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

4 years ago

If you got an iPad during your service with ATT and received a discount on the cost, it was under a 2 year contract and subject to an ETF.  

HOWEVER.....

Im not confident you are getting the straight scoop.

please send what information you do have on the account and request a review to @ATTMobilityCare.    To be honest, you are a non -customer, so they may not be very helpful anymore.  Good luck.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@ttttcccc What does the bill say it is for?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question