Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
veryfrustated's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Aug 12, 2016 4:13 AM

AT&T Is holding over $800 of my money and refuses to refund it.

I ordered a new phone through AT&T, I wasn't satisfied with it and I was able to return it for a different phone. They claimed that they did not receive the phone back from me, despite it being a tracked package, they eventually located the phone but in the meantime had debited my checking account for over $800.00.

I have called repeatedly on this issue and they said I am due a refund but they will only refund it to me via an account credit, which will pay my cell phone bill for over 6 months. This is my money and they refuse to allow me to have access to it, AT&T pays me no interest for this money and they have no right to it.

I do not have TIME to continually hound them and they have pushed me off at every turn, I am beyond frustrated and I do not know what to do. Why is it so difficult to give me what is owed? Taking any and all suggestions, I am beyond sick and tired of this constant hassle.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.4K Messages

5 y ago

Send a message to @ATTMobilityCare, they can help where the other fail.

please let us know how it goes.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I hope I can get more traction with them, thus far I feel like they've done nothing but waste my time. I will let you know how it goes, in the meantime if anyone else has any other suggestions I am looking to explore all options. Thank you.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.4K Messages

5 y ago

Please do.  They took payment in full, it is reasonable to expect a refund in full.

If you don't get results please post and we will see what else can be done.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

Hi Liz,

AT&T contacted me and they were able to provide a resolution, I was very happy to learn that they would be refunding me the remaining credit on my account via check and they worked to resolve the issue very quickly.

I appreciate the great advice you gave and appreciate the help!

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.4K Messages

5 y ago

Thank goodness!   I'm so glad it was resolved in your favor.  I hope the check arrives faster than their usually snails pace.  Smiley Wink

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.