Need help understanding your bill?
H

• 

5 Messages

Friday, December 4th, 2020 12:18 AM

AT&T is a SCAM - Credit for New Customers and the trade in is a SCAMMMMMMMMMMM

I joined AT&T as a new customer back in August 2020 because I was told that I would receive a $1,000 credit for being a new customer and trading in my old iPhone XS Max in perfect condition. To receive the credit I needed to send in my old device using their prepaid shipping label, but when it arrived half the barcode was missing so customer service sent me a new one via email on 08/17/2020. My old phone was delivered on 8/31/2020 using the new shipping label they provided. I was told it would take up to 2 billing cycles to receive the credit. It has been over 3 months so I decided to contact customer service today, well after a lot of investigating, the rep told me that the label they sent me had the wrong delivery address on it so they didn't have my phone. Then I was transferred to a manager and was sent the following message: "Vagner: I am the manager in charge, in this case we won't be able to apply the promotion due that the device has been returned to the wrong place". 

This is absolutely outrageous and they are unwilling to try to track down my old phone, compensate me at all for losing it, or honor the credit. At this point, I know that they are and never will be a customer-first company nor are they capable of honoring their offers. They lie to get your business - they are a scam! I plan on contacting an attorney and have saved all chats, emails, and shipping labels that they provided. I would caution all to avoid any service with them!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Before you waste money on an attorney, escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. If they can’t or won’t resolve, no one will.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the advice, I spent over 6 hours on hold/speaking with AT&T CS and it finally got sent to the trade-in escalation department to decide whether or not they are going to honor the promotion, and if they do if they are going to honor the whole thing. They said it will take up to a month to let me know what they decide. If it comes back that they do not honor the full $1,000 then I will file complaints with both departments and most likely will need to take it to small claims court for all billed charges and my phone that they say is missing in one of their Houston, TX facilities due to them sending me the wrong label. Hopefully, they just accept fault and honor the full promotion so this can end.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I think they are sending out lables with the wrong address so they can say that they are not getting the trade in, in a timely manner.  Same thing happened to me.  I know for a fact that they receivedI my device 3 days after I shipped it.  They printed and mailed me a label with the wrong address. I refuse to let this go. I cannot stand deceitful practices in business.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Sending the wrong shipping label seems to be a pattern. I had been a customer of AT$T for many years.  They did the same to us.  How are we suppose to know that the label that THEY send to us is wrong.  If they send it, I think we should assume THEY sent the correct one.  I believe that the "wrong" label they send is intentional.  

The predatory nature of this is consistent. 

1.  Offer a great deal - just trade in your phone.

2.  Return your phone in the box with the address and label we provide. 

3.  Then mysteriously your phone vanishes, but now you have gone 2-3 billing cycles into the contract.   AT$T CAN track down their phone.  They sent the label.  Everything is electronic with bar codes!!

4.  But if you read the similar posts, if they manage to find the phone, chances are it is "damaged" and you won't get the credit anyway. 

5.  By the time you catch on, there is no turning back.   You won't be able to get out of the contract unless you pay.  You won't get your phone back.  Trapped!!  

5.  I am hoping enough of us complain and document this so that a regularly agency and/or lawyer takes notice. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I did a trade in deal back in August.  I got in customer service chat and asked a supervisor to send me the trade in shipping label.  She told me to use the shipping label that came with it.  I told her that is for returning the phone not trade in.  She argued with me and told me to use it.  Here I am 11 months later dealing with a headache because I did.  They had to track the phone down in a warehouse in Houston.  They sent it to the trad in department .  I still wasn't receiving credit for it months later.  I call and they say the trade in department has it but you have to wait 3 billing cycles from the time they got the phone.  I waited even longer,  still no credits.  Then they claim months later they don't have the phone and the tracking number doesn't show any record of shipping.  We'll duh because after so long they expire!  My guess is they already so resold the phone by now since I was told by 3 different people the trade in department had the phone months prior.  I'm tired of it so I called and reported the imei number as stolen to have it blacklisted.  Still no credits for the trade in!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.