Need help understanding your bill?
sank2024's profile

4 Messages

Monday, February 26th, 2024 10:00 PM

AT&T In Home Expert Issue

Hello AT&T Expert Team,

I have been dealing with multiple issues for a promotion offered by an AT&T In Home Expert . The equipment credits offered for moving to AT&T are still not reflecting and no one in AT&T giving accurate answers. Is there anyone who can help on this urgently? Any contact phone number or department number who specifically address this issue?

Thanks

San 

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 months ago

Your best is to call the individual that offered the options…

800-288-2020, request to cancel should connect to loyalty / customer retention if call during normal business hours Monday to Friday with shorter hours on Saturday.

4 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for your suggestion ! Unfortunately the person is no longer responding to my calls/texts, though his official AT&T email id has not bounced back yet. I have called AT&T support multiple times and shared all the info. They keep saying they are checking but meanwhile my bill is piling up and they suspedned my account which seems unfair while I have an active ticket # and investigation is going on

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

2 months ago

Having your service suspended for nonpayment can negate any promotional credits you may have been eligible for. Your account must remain in good standing. You should have paid your bill. 

(edited)

4 Messages

2 months ago

This is still very new and my 2nd month's bill. And they have acknolwedged it with a ticket # there is an active investigation on this.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

2 months ago

Unfortunately, they are still going to keep billing you.  Billing is run by computer. I doubt any CS agent has the power to just waive your billing while keeping service.  If you don’t pay the bills, service gets cut off.  Having an active dispute doesn’t mean that you get to keep racking up more debt by continuing to have free service.  How long has this been going on?  If it’s been a while (like months), there is likely no real investigation going on.  They would have already either contacted this person (who likely wasn’t even an AT&T employee) and gotten his story, or never gotten a hold of him, and dropped it.  The reality is that you likely got scammed by some AT&T contractor who made promises that he wasn’t authorized to.  AT&T only adheres to the promotions that are publicly posted on their website.

As for what to do now, try filing a BBB complaint to get it escalated to upper management, who’ll contact you.  Do you have any proof of the promises that were made?

4 Messages

2 months ago

Yes, all the promotions are on an email through the person's official AT&T email id and I have all the proper quotes with quote id from their system. So I dont think this is someone who did not have authority. And this is a recent activation, 2 months old

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

2 months ago

Promotional credits do not start until around the 3rd billing cycle, if your eligible with an account that is in good standing. Being suspended for nonpayment is not good standing. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 months ago

As suggested, file a complaint with the BBB.  But be warned, NOT paying your bill will not earn you any sympathy.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.