Help for account, billing & more
R

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Apr 9, 2020 8:50 PM

AT&T here to help? Don’t bet on it.

My wife is trapped in Italy where my daughters husband is stationed with the Air Force. My daughter is pregnant and they were due for PCS change in late June. She is due mid June. They were supposed to leave early (curtailed deployment to get them changed before the baby came) and my wife went to help get everything packed and cleaned and all that and then all (Edited per community guidelines) broke loose in that country. PCS change cancelled, flights cancelled. No hospital on Aviano for delivery. They had to hire a midwife at their own expense and will be doing home delivery. The internet there is in and out (mostly out). I called AT&T last month and the representative was extremely nice and sympathetic. I was told to have my wife turn on the service and once I got the bill ($10 per day for the international day pass) to call back and get it taken care of. Awesome right?! Yeah I thought so too. Got the bill and called and was told no way Jose! Those are legitimate charges that AT&T will not waive under any circumstances (was on the phone for 4 hours). I told them I called to find out first so this wouldn’t happen and they acknowledged that it was so noted on my account. They said the representative i spoke with in March had “misinformed” me. Now get this...I was assured she would be severely reprimanded. The one representative who lived up to the hype all over AT&T’s hype that is all over the airwaves and all over their web site, is going to be reprimanded for doing so! So a military family severely impacted my the pandemic and with no options to obtain any alternative communications (the whole country is shut down) will remain isolated from us unless we pay an extra $10 per day (approximately $300 per month). Ok that’s their prerogative. I just want everyone to know, DO NOT BELIEVE it when AT&T says they are here for customer and employees during this unprecedented time. They are “misinforming” everyone when they say so.

• 

194 Messages

2 y ago

I agree that you were treated unfairly, but I’m really kind of surprised you would believe a promise like that from a customer service rep, especially without anything in writing.

I mean, if the rep told you to just buy a private plane and AT&T will reimburse you, would you believe that too?

• 

4 Messages

@ATDoesntCare you honestly believe that if you talk to a billing representative from a company you do business with and that conversation is actually written in the notes of the account and ackknowledged as having been promised incorrectly that me believing that, is equivalent to your absurd airplane statement? Not to mention that all of this is happening while AT&T’s marketing efforts are full of promises to help customers by waiving charges related to the impact of the worldwide pandemic. If I cannot call and ask if this service charge could be waived in our situation and believe the representative is forthright in what they tell me, why do they even have representatives standing by to answer these very questions?

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

2 y ago

@RWebster7 wrote: "I was told to have my wife turn on the service and once I got the bill ($10 per day for the international day pass) to call back and get it taken care of."

I'm confused what you thought that meant?
What were you expecting AT&T to do?
Did they explain to you what international day pass is and does?
Did they explain to you any of the other options, including $70 or $140 per month passport option?

You agreed to a plan knowing it was going to cost you $300 a month, I'm not sure I understand where it is that you're having a problem with this? Of course these were valid charges.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

@lizdance40

The billing service representative in March explained the Day Pass, explained how to enable it on her phone and said the charges would automatically be generated. She said once the bill came in to call back and they would credit those charges. Why in the world would I think she was telling me something that was not true? The person i talked to yesterday said all of this is noted on the account. I acknowledged in my post that this is their perogative and my intent was to let everyone know that whatever they might be told by AT&T, whatever they might read on their website, or get in any other form, is not going to mean anything once those charges are in their bill

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

@RWebster7

Ah, thats clearer. But a peon at at&t has no authority or right to do that to the tune of $300 a month plus taxes. The offer should not have been made.

At&t has made consessions for using their network, and is eating some costs for long distance calls and plans, but your wife isnt using at&t.

Day pass is recommended for short trips, or when peopłe have alternate options, like Wifi, so they dont HAVE to use cellular.

The Passport option might have been a better choice. It covers 30 days, calls are 35¢ a minute, each package includes 3 ($70) or 6 gigs ($140) of data and text is free.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

it was never $300 anyway (That’s if we used it every day) but it added effect to my post, lol. It was not our intention to take advantage of the situation anyway so we only used it 10 days. It just surprised me that a promise was made documented on my account and then it didn’t happen. I have been an AT&T customer for a long time, never paid late, and have generally been happy to be their customer until now.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.