Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Help for account, billing & more
S

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 18, 2022 2:42 AM

AT&T has been ripping us off

So here is the deal. We visited AT&T store to shop for new phones, after visiting the representative told us that we can get huge Microsoft savings - 25% per line. I am an active Microsoft employee, but was not the primary owner. Looking at savings, we decided to change the primary owner responsibility to me. We went through the hassle of shifting the primary owner. So I did that, was told by store representative that I will be getting discount on ELITE as well as EXTRA plans. I kept with one ELITE plan and remaining 3 as EXTRA plans. All good on first month, the bill was as expected, I got $12.5 (25% off on $50) on ELITE plan and $10 (25% off on $40) on EXTRA plan. Note: I had already spent few hours with Customer Service until this point.

Now we wanted to port another line from another provider. Customer Service Representative asked us to get a temporary sim instead of porting, and then after 2 days another person said no that was not needed. So we cancelled the temporary sim number and was promised that it won't be charged.

Now final shock: AT&T charged us for 1) temporary line in the latest month bill 2) All Microsoft discounts went away from all lines including ELITE line

Again, frustrated I reach out to customer care, this time Customer Service tells me that 25% discount is not applicable for EXTRA plans and only applicable to ELITE. I challenge that, I told them that I have been speaking with multiple representatives and everyone has talked about 25%. CS and his supervisor stay adamant and tell me max discount I get is $10 for ELITE for Microsoft employee. So again betrayed I ask them to upgrade all lines to ELITE, spend an hour again to let them know that Microsoft discount still doesn't show.

Now when I log into the portal I can clearly see, for Microsoft members

Members receive:
  • Save 25% on AT&T Unlimited Elite(R) and AT&T Unlimited Extra(TM) plans
  • Waived activation fees with select activationsc
  • Waived upgrade fees with select upgradesd
  • 50% off eligible wireless accessories

I feel so betrayed that I don't know what exactly should I do. I feel like I am stuck with all ELITE plans. I am afraid to ask them to convert remaining lines to EXTRA because I don't want another shock. I have been spending hours during my work hours to be with representative who have zero knowledge about their own plans.

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

4分前

You were lied to or misunderstood, but no, AT&T is not ripping you off. 

Price are as published online, and discount  program allows $10 off elite lines, making them same as extra cost.

You can see the plan estimator tool here. You have to adjust the bar for the number of lines and then you can see the price per line in the chart. 

https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/

Signature discount program enrollments can be done online or at a corporate store. 

https://www.att.com/verification/signaturehub

All current plans require auto-pay and paperless billing for an additional $10 per line discount which is stackable with the signature discount.

If Microsoft has some sort of special Arrangements, you're going to have to clear that with AT&T.  My understanding is some do get bigger discount.  That makes maybe something you have to clear with your employer as well

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

4分前

And FYI, discounts probably aren't going to start on the first bill cycle. Until your discount eligibility is verified you will not see the discount on your bill

• 

1 Message

4分前

Yep happened to me with JPMorgan Chase too. I agreed to upgrade getting my 23% off discount and a $10 additional discount for paperless and combined billing and it all vanished for a $10 discount. That's not what I was told when I was upgraded. After using the Chat feature they just kept passing me around to each department telling me that the next guy could look into it. 

This was all after reporting them to the BBB because of lack of communication and ball dropped on their end on my phone upgrade and getting my phone for free. The guy who fixed it messed it up.  I'm so done and going back to the BBB. I'm tired of being taken advantage of as a consumer. 

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

4分前

@LLane2004

AT&T is required to honor published prices and discount programs.  They're not going to honor something as some rogue rep made up.  Anyone can access and estimate their pre tax bill online.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.