Need help understanding your bill?
jamiescoffee's profile

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, October 31st, 2020 7:40 PM

att from, start to finish lack competent, Supervisors, Billing, retention Loyalty and don't forget CORPORATE

To AT&T Corporate 
It’s long but please read #Grrrrrr 
I had spoken with ATT customer support a few days prior to my visit to the ATT store, and originally, they told me to go to an Apple store to trade in my iPhone, however when I got to the apple store, they told me they do not do trade in’s for current cell phone wireless accounts and I needed to go to an AT&T store, which she pointed out was just down the street. So, I walked in to the AT&T store and explained what I needed to do, the two young gentlemen pulled up my account and kept going back and forth on what to pull up and what they needed from me. I should have walked out right then and there. They told me I was ready for an upgrade which I already knew and they pointed to the wall where iPhones were displayed and said have a look and if utyou have any questions just ask, again I should have walked out. As I looked at the phones, I wasn’t sure what each one did or offered or the prices or which one was right for me. So, I asked for help and one employee explained to me a couple of the differences and then I told him what I wanted and he told me vaguely about the different plans. I said I understood that there's a $400 credit or rebate whichever for purchasing the new iPhone with a new line and I was told by both of them they had never heard of it before, they walked into the back room and came back in a few minutes and said they looked it up and found something on it did and said okay we found something in regards to it. I then explained that I had a $422 credit on my account and I wanted to use that along with the $400 for buying the phone they then went through the process of why do I have a credit on my account, so I explained in a little detail as to why and then said “they didn't think I can use it because they don't know where it came from and it would have to be investigated” I told them I have paid the same additional monthly payment to my bills for at least 12-24 or more months and they would see that this additional payment monies was my own money they said they could not use that towards purchasing the phone and I was willing to change my phone number to take a new line and give up my old number, they even ask what area code I wanted and looked up some numbers and asked what one I liked, I then picked a new number for the new phone to get this  promotion and get the $400 off for the phone and they quoted me what roughly what my new bill would approximately be between $15 to $20 more each cycle and then walked into the back and they did not offered me  no clear indication of fees except the one time activation fee. 
These two individuals said I could save $10 bucks a month if I enrolled in paperless/auto billing which I then agreed to; however, I did not agree to my credit being pulled, I don’t care if it was a hard or a soft pull which I found out later. 
I proceeded to tell then I needed a screen protector which the one that out it on my phone said they would never have let a customer that purchased a new phone to walk out without one, Oh ok it’s free then? is what I should have said.  
When I thought everything was completed or so I thought I then asked for a copy of my receipt for the phone and my purchase of my screen protector they told me they did not give receipts, that I could go online within the next 24 hours and see it and print it. 
*And by the way, the one employee (person of color) excused himself and said he would be right back and then proceeded to meet with a previous customer who brought in a personal phone and the employee paid him with cash at one of the tables in the store, while the other employee just sat there on his phone the whole time.  
And come to think of it, both of them were on their phones most of the time while I was trying to connect to the internet and trying to get the phone to download my stuff from the cloud. Before I left, I think they came out from the back at least three times to ask me my passcode to my trade in iPhone. 
When I left and got home, I immediately looked online to see my transaction and was completely floored at the price and then I called AT&T right away and waited over 45 min on hold to speak with an agent, I immediately asked to speak to a manager and told them that I was going to make a complaint and also told them briefly some of the stuff going on and they did get a manager on the line from the loyalty or retention department, I tried to explain what just happened to me 
and at this point I was on the phone with AT&T Support over the last few days at least for 8 hours and the gentleman told me I should have received a receipt for my transaction and send that everything that just transpired was done completely wrong and I indicated that “just give me back my phone and forget this whole thing”, he did say that's possible because the phone would probably be at the store and that’s when he indicated he could work this out and set he up for me to go back in the next day and work with a supervisor to get this rectified 
And the supervisor would be there to oversee this transaction and rectified it. When I arrived the next morning two gentlemen were there and told me this would all be worked out and I should have only 2 lines one of which would be the new line and then only my husband's # and gave me my receipt and before I left, I did mention to the managers that they need to do something in regards to the two employees like additional customer training and they totally agreed and I left. Well I have tried to get back in contact with the same person I spoke to on Aug 6 and another 2 additional calls and you can guess, nothing has changed at all, now it is October 28th and I just received this in my email(Your estimated next bill will be $375.44 and Your estimated ongoing bills will be $253.79/mo). WELL WHEN DID YOU GO INTO A STORE AND TELL THEM YOUR BILL CAN”T BE OVER $125 AND IT ENDS UP BEING $253 A MONTH! 
I am still being billed for three lines and you used up my credit which I said I did not allow all I wanted my credit of $422 going to that phone and you kept using my credits up! 
I’m not sure, but as of today? On my bill it says I am eligible for an upgrade to the cell # that was supposed to have been cancelled 2 months ago “You're ready for an upgrade for (8155660154), now how is this happening when I just got the iPhone 11? 
And this past Saturday October 24th at 12:01 PM to top it all off, again I called ATT and was given to the billing department, when the woman answered she asked what was going on, so I again explained in a condensed version of what has happened, and she told me to back to the store, that they could not handle this there at ATT. HMM OK but I'm not going back to the store I told her and again she said I could only get this resolved in the store. I told her with employees like the two young gentlemen that sold me the phone with no receipt or anything in writing? And she said yes! I asked her to speak with a supervisor and she told me that she was in a meeting and I could leave a message and she would get back to me within 24-48 hours and I said that was unacceptable, she then said that was my only option. I again said that that was unacceptable and I asked for a supervisor and she said there was not one available, I said I want to speak with her supervisor and she said there was not one, that she as the top and again I asked to speak with any supervisor and she said she was on the phone, so now! she's out of the meeting and on her phone, well then, I proceeded to say Please have her call me as soon as she is off the telephone and she said she would, I then asked her name as I forgot to in the beginning of the conversation and she said it as Erica and I politely said the this was of ASAP nature  
And to please have her call me and she said she would. Well it is now Wednesday Oct 28th, well past the 24-48-time frame and still no call. I thing erica and her manager need to find new jobs, you do not treat customers like that. I want this rectified ASAP 
I find everything that happened on day of this journey unacceptable and I am so disappointed in this company. 

#store #employees #billing #Support #Supervisor #Corporate 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

Wellll.....This is a customer-to-customer forum and while your tenacity and commitment is admirable, no one from AT&T will see your well crafted diatribe.

But A for effort.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

but why, I don't want to start a full on dispute,  or should I?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

It is your right as a consumer to file a complaint with the BBB.  That's what they're there for.  

That being said, if you do file a complaint, may I suggest brevity.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.