Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
madcam94's profile

5 Messages

Friday, March 8th, 2024 1:02 AM

AT&T First Net Trade in Issue-FED UP

I processed a trade in in November 2023.  I used their box and the label they provided and am now being charged for non return of the device despite the post office showing that it was received.  I have spend no less than 10 hours on the phone with agents and one "Manager" today named Sabrina.  Sabrina was clearly working in a loud office with what sounded like a party in the background.  She couldn't get me off the phone fast enough with a "its not my problem attitude".  I have tried and tried to chase down this package but ultimately I feel as if it is between AT&T and the USPS.  Funny, they want to charge me 400.00 yet they only went with the lowest insurance on the return shipping label.  I am going to the FCC, the BBB and my State's Attorney General's Office.  These companies need to do better and actually hire folks with half a brain to solve issues.   The trade in was adone through Costco so I had no choice but to mail it.  

Anyone have any luck getting something like this resolved.  My next step is legal action.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.7K Messages

3 months ago

Just file the BBB complaint.  No need to also file a FCC complaint.  It goes to the exact same place as the BBB complaint with the same priority and ultimate resolution.  Very doubtful your AG will do anything, and as far as legal action, you are limited to arbitration or small claims.  You can also file a notice of dispute on the AT&T website.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

3 months ago

USPS was not the only step in the transfer. Those packages are picked up from the post office by Pitney Bowes (or newgistics) a courier which takes them back to AT&T (or Assurant)

One of the reasons you might be having a problem is you're referring to this as a trade-in when its an early upgrade return.

Trade-ins go to assurant Mobile which is a completely third-party business AT&T never sees phones they're mailed to assurant.

If you did an early upgrade your phone goes back to AT&T.  The label says RMA, and is not addressed to lavergne Tennessee. Is it possible you got/used the wrong label?

5 Messages

3 months ago

I used the label they provided which goes to Lavergne. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

3 months ago

Were you doing a promotion where you trade in a paid-off phone for credits against the new one?

Or do you have NextUp where you can upgrade after you paid off at least 50% and have to give the old phone to AT&T.

5 Messages

3 months ago

It was an early upgrade with trade and promo credits. I believe it was NextUp. 

We did mine, my daughters and my husband’s phone. The store even lost my husband’s phone so this has been a nightmare. His phone was paid off and the other two were next up

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

3 months ago

What do you mean "with trade and promo credits?" Was the phone paid off? If not, then AT&T didn't get your phone because it went to the 3rd party recycler in Tennessee.

5 Messages

3 months ago

One was, two were not. My phone is the one they have not received yet. The USPS tracking only shows when I dropped it off, no further tracking. My point is, I did my part, used their box, their prepaid, self addressed label. It shouldn’t be my problem any longer. They contracted with the USPS to get it delivered back to them. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

3 months ago

They contracted with the USPS to get it delivered back to them. 

Sure, but it has to go to the correct place. Just because it shouldn't be your problem does mean it isn't...it's your money after all. 

File a BBB complaint to get escalated. If there's anyone who can track down the package and make sure you get the promo/credit, that's who it would be.

5 Messages

3 months ago

UPDATE: I submitted a complaint to the FCC last yesterday (around 430pm). Just got a call from the Office of President at AT&T, it took all of nine minutes to get things resolved ( less than 24 hours from my submission). He saw that I placed the box with the USPS and made the appropriate adjustments. I’m happy all is resolved but it’s sad that it takes that level of escalation to get resolution. 

(edited)

6 Messages

2 months ago

Good luck. Same thing happened to me. The presidents office guy was super non helpful. He told me they can't find it and have nothing to offer me. THEN WHY EVEN CALL ME IN THE FIRST PLACE????? I will be jumping ship and will never ship another phone anywhere and never believe anything ATT says. THEY ARE A SCAM. They don't even insure the phones you ship with THEIR LABELS???? 

So they scammed me into having to pay for this new phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.