For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Gmfell's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 10th, 2016 3:07 PM

AT&T does not honor its promotional offers.

My husband and I switched to ATT from Verizon in October because they were offering a promotion of $650 to port your lines over at that time. We were told by the sales person in Rockwall, Texas that we only needed to port our lines over, not buy a phone to qualify. I bought a phone anyway and my husband kept the one he had. We were told repeatedly that we would get the full credit whether we bought phones or not. I have made calls every month to ATT because this $650 credit has never shown up on my bill. Every time I call I am assured it will be on the next bill yet that has never happened. If this doesn't get resolved now I will be filing a complaint with the FCC and the Texas State Attorney General's office.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

The conditions of the promotion is clear and published.  

Up to $650 if you switch, turn in your old phone, buy a phone on Next installments, submit the final bill from your previous carrier.

http://about.att.com/story/650_credit_per_line_to_help_you_switch.html

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

This is not an honest answer! You are referring to the promotion you have going on right now, not the promotion you had when we signed up in October! Again, if we don't recieve our $650 credit I will be filing complaints with the FCC and the Attorney General regarding your fraudulent billing practices! I will also be switching back to Verizon and cancelling my Uverse account as well if this does not get resolved!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

I do not work for ATT.  

The promotion for $650 is the same offered by Verizon and the same offer given last year.  It requires you submit proof of ETF or payoff of Edge payments and turn in the phone from Verizon.

there was a different offer for switching to direct TV and wireless and combining accounts.

please call ATT directly if you beleive the promotion was different. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Did you even read my complaint? I HAVE called ATT directly MANY TIMES, and EVERYTIME I call they assure me the credit will be on the next bill and it NEVER IS! 

The offer that is going on now IS NOT the same offer you had in October. AGAIN, we were REPEATEDLY assured by YOUR ATT sales rep that we did NOT have to buy a phone or turn one in to recieve the promotion! ALL we had to do was port our numbers from Verizon which we did that day in the store!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Furthermore if you don't work for ATT then WHY are you responding to these complaints?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

This is a customer helping customer forum and you will not get any official response from AT&T on this forum. Other customers are trying to point you in the right direction or give you the proper information.

There are a few AT&T employees on the site, but their postings are their opinions only and not the opinion of AT&T.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Gmfell wrote:

Furthermore if you don't work for ATT then WHY are you responding to these complaints?

You came here, to a customer to customer forum asking a question. You will NOT get an official answer from ATT here. The answer you have received is the best you can hope for in these forums.

BTW, it is a correct answer and the FCC doesn't get involved in billing disputes. I believe you want the FTC.

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

8 years ago

ATT does not honor its promotional offers. After 4 months of switching to uverse getting one promotional rate billed correctly on my bill. Then changed by ATT. Once by a Social manager. I was told today by a manager, "sorry they all told you wrong, you dont get your two year promotion.  .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.